Thread: ok you can call me ambitious if you want!

ok you can call me ambitious if you want!

ok, cause i have crazy ideas in my head and i have a major DIY bug and the love of jbl's especially the LE series speakers. i havnt had the time to DIY yet or gather the components, but here is something i want to work on. as i said in the title i think it may be ambitious but it may work.

okay, i want to do a 4-way system (inspired on the 250ti 4 way but different midbass driver and diff tweeter)

i want to do a 4 ohm setup, so there will be included in this setup:

2 pairs (have one pair) LE14 (A1 series if possible to match the ones i have)
    2 pairs of LE10's (not too sure which ones)
    2 pairs of LE5-2's (had a pair and i was satisfied with them)

im trying to work out what i want for the tweeter. cause im using multiple drivers i may need a horn to keep up with the sensitivity with the other drivers, but theres also something on my mind. did jbl bring out 4 ohm compression drivers? or can i integrate an 8 ohm driver without comprimising the 4 ohm setup?

i might have to make a customised crossover with L-pads or i could to the active way, little expensive but im up for it.

kinda sounds a bit over the top with this setup, but thats just how i like it

One question: Where the heck is Autralia?

coruphius

Join Date Jul 2005
    Location Autralia
    Posts 31
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

oh i need to fix that

lol i need to fix that, i mean Australia lol

OKAY!! fixed location, now on to the real deal... any takers for help, i know you guys are viewing this thread but arnt man enough to tell me (or flame me) about if it's very ambitious haha

Would this work for you? XPL 250
    046Ti (8 Ohm)
    093Ti (4 Ohm)
    112H (8 Ohm)
    LE14-H (8 Ohm)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thought it was 035Tia on the XPL250's?
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Paul View Post
    Thought it was 035Tia on the XPL250's?
    Nope. Woody nailed it, which, metaphorically speaking, is an interesting concept.
    Out.

Merit ?

If your idea was worth the effort in any way shape or form I think Greg would have done it !

Sorry ... the frequency response will not work .... look at the specs for your proposed components .

Rich

What are you trying to do?? An MTM L 250Ti?? Why not just stick with a known formula? You are definately going to need some kind of custom crossover.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Been done

I suggest you try to recognize your idea as a malformed JBL three-way with added subwoofer. If you like the LE10 series, as who would not, and are after a classic JBL direct radiator sound (oh, yeah, I meant to say, a horn tweeter is not a good idea here) consider building (better to buy, actually) one of the classic 10" three-ways (4313B, L96) and add a subwoofer with its own amp and an electronic crossover. And then spend your spare time doing something else, like listening to music with that sweet classic JBL sound.

Thanks guys for your replies and comments, i do like the idea similar to the XPL250's i think i was a bit over ambitious haha! i do want to use my LE14A1's within some sort of configuration and a pair of LE10's.

and oh wow, those 093Ti's are VERY VERY sexy! I used to own a pair of 044ti's before my ex fiance made me sell my vintage equipment.

ill do a bit more researching for ideas and then ill come up with a conclusion.

for sub duties (unfortunatly not JBL) I have a 15" Exodus Tempest x2 in a "experimental" 5.5 cubed Dual ported box tuned to ~30hz for music and for when i wanna watch movies (since i dont have a HP filter) clog one of the ports up so the sub doesnt drastically unload under 20hz. lets just say that one sub (which moves 4 litres of air per stroke) can make every door in the house move from the pressure that thing has. i will eventually be putting it into a Tuba HT horn when i get around to it.

Thread Information