Thread: 2 in driver questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lfh

2 in driver questions

Hi all,

like so many newbies before me, I've been silently following this forum for a couple of months. (I hold you guys responsible for the (JBL) blue rings under my eyes... ) Since this is my 'Hello, world!' post, I better present myself:

I live in Stockholm, Sweden, and I got the "blue baffle blues" in my early teens, when my best friend's father introduced us to the world of pro audio. ("Boys, remember this: Studer make the finest tape recorders and JBL the best speakers money can buy.") Now, at 38, it's about time to do something about it! Thus, I'm gearing up for a couple of JBL-projects (got the Studers covered already ), the first of which will be an all-JBL multi-way rig for my bass guitar. More on that later.

My questions:

1. The other day I bought a pair of what the seller referred to as "grey 375:s with DE diaphragms". The foilcals are missing though, and the back covers look identical to that of my also newly purchased 2440 -- as opposed to the flat ones I've seen in pics of grey 375:s posted by Oldmics (see '375 and 2440 mid drivers'-thread) -- so I'm thinking the drivers are actually 2441:s (they do have the DE diaphragms). What's your take on this?

2. In the factory rediaphragm instructions it says "/.../ hook unit up to oscillator set at correct input voltage indicated on the appropriate technical manual and sweep according to technical manual. Listen for rubbing. Use small mallet /.../". Does anyone have access to the missing details on the sweep test? (Not that I think the actual figures are too crucial, but it would be nice to closely follow the shop instructions.)

3. All screws in the 2440 are missing. Are there special requirements on the screws holding the diaphragm (e.g. non-magnetic?) or will ordinary ones from the hardware store do?

Thanks in advance,

"lfh"
    Last edited by lfh; 08-21-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Thread Information