Thread: Tron Legacy (2010) Dolby 8channel is anyone going to see it for visuals or sound or a

JBL 4645

Tron Legacy (2010) Dolby 8channel is anyone going to see it for visuals or sound or a

For a few weeks I’ve been a bit cynical over the whole 3D issue regarding Tron Legacy, but after listening to few minutes on youtube my whole cynicism perspective was changed within seconds.

I played the score in Dolby stereo pro-logic standard mode and WOW the deepness on the sub bass extension thumping out into the living room makes, me want to take a trip to the Empire and it on Grid front and centre row for uninterrupted visuals and max 56WK JBL sound pressure in the digital delights of Dolby8channel.

There’s a lot riding on Disney’s back with this one $200 hundred-million! Its got to make back its $200million plus a bit more to be profitable for the studio.

If I decide to go it will be purely for Dolby8channel and the fun of it. Anyone else seen it yet or planning to see it or are you just about as cynical as I was, up until a 20mins!

Scroll down the page for the 9min video on the sound mixing for Tron Legacy

http://mixonline.com/post/features/v...ks_collection/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Legacy

JBL 4645

I liked it I played the short end credits twice, listening in on my home cinema while its Gridded up to the AUX in with Dolby Stereo pro-logic selected for the JBL sound system! twin sub bass extension feels good! I’ve got that loving Grid feeling sound power buzz! Oh sod it! Lets play it for third time! lol WOW! Nice little snap on the surrounds! I wonder how the Dolny8channel mix is going to sound in THX at the EMPIRE London?

End credits to Tron Legacy this must be short part in the end credits as end credits don’t run for 3m3s today its usually 6 to 8mins so I guess at the end of this track it fades into another part of the score that would probably clock in somewhere around 6 ˝ mins.

Make that 5 times now! Wow I like this! My plastic small JBL control sireries with one mighty JBL are (make that 6 time now! LOL my JBL is definitely on the Grid tonight with this score.

JBL 4645
    For a moment I thought I heard Chariots Of Fire in the horn section then it tonally digital changed morphed into Tron bits Legacy. I was kinder hoping for Wendy Carlos overture intro! Sounded really neat it’s got an operatically bit buzz to it.

Classic quote from: Tron (1982)
    Flynn: Positive and negative, huh. You're a bit, aren't you?
    Bit: Yes

JBL 4645

Listened to this track and reading the comments on the page, this plays right after or fades in just after the first 3min end credits, as I guessed, as no end credits runs for 3min today not since the 70’s where end credits got longer and longer and over the 80’s a bit longer and so on.

Thread Information