Thread: L-pad Question

L-pad Question

Hey guys, a quick question that doesn't seem to bring up anything in searches. I'm trying to pull apart my l-pads in the network of my 4310's to clean them up and d5 them. For the life of me I can't see a good way to pull the metal cover off the back. There are no tabs, and they don't seem to thread off. Any suggestions?

mpremise

Chuck them into the bin, go to Parts Express.com, buy replacements, solder them in place and you are good to go for the foreseeable future!~

Sincerely,
    Scotty.

Link: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-248
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

Figured it'd be best to just ax 'em and replace. I actually have found that the Solen website has what appears to be the same lpads.

http://www.solen.ca/pub/cms_nf_catal...2=5&niveau3=36

At Solen, they are on clearance for $2.15 a piece, but as with anything there's a caveat. There's a minimum order of $25.00. Oh, and...

U.S. Custom Duty:
    There is a 4.9% Custom Duty charge on loudspeaker parts imported in the U.S.A. to be paid by the customer when he receives his order.

I think you're right, PE it is. I'm sure there may be a few other charges I didn't see when reading over their policies. Seems to be more of a wholesale ordering option, not someone who's cobbling together a pair of 4310's. Why do I have to be so darn stubborn.

Thanks for your help.
    mpremise.

Quote Originally Posted by mpremise View Post
    I can't see a good way to pull the metal cover off the back. There are no tabs, and they don't seem to thread off. Any suggestions?
    Heat gun

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=106180

Heat gun for the l-pads? Or to remove the foilcals? A heat gun is great to get the foilcals off, I even got the foil rings on top of the LE20-1's without and bends or kinks. I started with a hair dryer, and didn't like the results. I picked up a heat gun and was able to get them off in minutes.

I successfully got the x-overs out, just trying to get inside the l-pad. I think at a couple bucks a pop, replacing them may be better. I have to see if removing the second nut, closest to the l-pads body, will help loosen things up. Thanks for the link, it has some good pointers.

mpremise

Thread Information