Thread: 1 Down & 1 to Go

1 Down & 1 to Go

Well I was going to wait untill I'd completed Restoring both of the L110's but have been so impressed with the completed one that I just had to share.

Below are some pics incliding the up-graded cross-over which is most certainly well worth doing.

This was the worst speaker having chipped & slightly rounded corners, deep scratches to the top & sides, corrosion throughout the cross-over & a rotten roll on the driver, if it werent for some great advice & encouragement to DIY found here involving Restoration I would not have been able to get this looking like New.

Unbelievable sound from just one of these considering there size, cant wait to get the other one finished.

Cheers wayne
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Very nice work.
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mascali View Post
    Very nice work.
    Thanks very much Don Mascali, It certainly is very rewarding to see & hear the finished project.

Now ive just gotta get the other one finished, hopefully I will be posting more pictures by the end of the weekend.

Cheers wayne

Well done Wayne , looks great.. Your joy will be more than doubled when the other one is done.
    That group of speakers , L110 L96 4313 were stellar then and are stll so.
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Well done Wayne , looks great.. Your joy will be more than doubled when the other one is done.
    That group of speakers , L110 L96 4313 were stellar then and are stll so.
    Enjoy
    Thanks macaroonie

Steller indeed, dont know why the L110 didnt recieve more recognition.
    Might have something to do with the very popular thumping L100 which ive never heard, but opinions suggest the line up you mention was far better.

Cheers wayne.

I absolutely love my L110's! They are pumping everyday in my office/tech bench and Lisa commented on how she is glad they are not at our house, as she is always concerned about keeping our SPL low and our neighbors from complaining. I am driving mine with a SONY brand hifi amplifier that was given to me non-working. I went through all of the solder connections that were poor, and had to jumper some broken circuit traces and pads, and it just sounds great to me.

When completed, it is possible that your further searching of JBL bookshelf size speakers may cease, as you have found a great pair!

Congratulations on a beautiful restoration job!!!
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

Quote Originally Posted by SMKSoundPro View Post
    I absolutely love my L110's! They are pumping everyday in my office/tech bench and Lisa commented on how she is glad they are not at our house, as she is always concerned about keeping our SPL low and our neighbors from complaining. I am driving mine with a SONY brand hifi amplifier that was given to me non-working. I went through all of the solder connections that were poor, and had to jumper some broken circuit traces and pads, and it just sounds great to me.

When completed, it is possible that your further searching of JBL bookshelf size speakers may cease, as you have found a great pair!

Congratulations on a beautiful restoration job!!!
    Thanks SMKSoundPro

Funny you should mention your amp, one of my clients traded in a non working NAD C320 for a small Denon reciever I had lying around & like yourself it only required Dry Joint treatment & a good clean of the P.C.B's as liquid had been spilt inside of the amp & allowed to dry.
    Ive matched it with a NAD 541i C.D WOW. Very impressive combination, luv the HD feature of the 541i, ive gone through nearly all my c.d collection & surprisingly had some in there, again a big differance from your standard recording.

Cant wait to hear them both useing that combo, only 2 more shifts & I'm done till next year.

As far as the end of my bookshelf JBL collection, No Way, still got a set of L26 to do, unless some Big Buetifull Blue Monitors in need of some restoration & TLC come my way, very unlikely, I will have to keep playing with what I can get.

Cheers wayne

Thread Information