Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How far have you driven for JBL's?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Wouldn't happen to be from Steve H., would they?
    Nope, The sellers name was George M.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Nope, The sellers name was George M.
    How recently was this? How long had the seller owned them?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

JBL 4645
    Does this include taking the bus for an all day ticket £3.70? I’ve travelled 2 ½ miles to buy my groovy funky spunky plastic x12 JBL control 1.

leif
    I took a plane from Sandefjord in Norway to Copenhagen in Denmark to buy my pair of 4430. That is an hour and 15 minutes flight + taxi to the sellers home.
    I took my wife and doughter on the trip, and stayed the weekend in Copenhagen. Wise as I am, I let my wife go shopping while I went alone to take a look at the speakers.

And going back home, the woman at the check in desk asked "how many bags do you want to send" ?
    "Only two" I said, and pointed happily at the speakers

Did you really take the speakers with you on the plain? Must have been quite costly?

Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I took a plane from Sandefjord in Norway to Copenhagen in Denmark to buy my pair of 4430. That is an hour and 15 minutes flight + taxi to the sellers home.
    I took my wife and doughter on the trip, and stayed the weekend in Copenhagen. Wise as I am, I let my wife go shopping while I went alone to take a look at the speakers.

And going back home, the woman at the check in desk asked "how many bags do you want to send" ?

Great story . . . but Google Maps says it's only 408km, or 253 miles one-way. So 500-mile round-trip?

Must have been a very slow plane!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

JBL 4645

You must have been seriously desperate to pick them up.

636 miles for a pair of L1s.

I also picked up my son from boarding school, but I normally just have him fly back or take the train, so I think this still counts.

I had a pair of 4315's delivered to my door in Orange County from Denver, Colorado. A seller in Las Vegas brought a 2405 tweeter to me in Anaheim (he was a bus driver and drove a HS basketball team down here for a tournament).

I drove a 200 mile roundtrip to La Habra to Escondido, California for a studio set of 4435's, 4331's, and 4x 4406's. Went to San Diego for S99's and KEF Calinda's, Redlands for 4312D's, Riverside for Altec A8's, Brea (4 miles) for Altec 601's/620 cabinet, and San Fernando Valley/LA for 4425's and 4312's. My L300's were 6 mile roundtrips, 4333B's were 20 mile roundtrips.

Being in Southern California, LA/Orange County, there's a lot of JBL and other gear within 100 miles. But there's a lot more out there beyond this radius too.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

leif
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Did you really take the speakers with you on the plain? Must have been quite costly?
    True enough! And to pick up some stuff in Copenhagen is not the worst thing one can do.
    We had a night at a nice hotel, we enjoyed Tivoli, Strøget and lunch/dinner in Nyhavn. A bonus for picking up the speakers.

Leif
    (at work in Skien/Geiteryggen this week, what about meeting for a cup of cofee one day Rolf?)

PLEASE DO! I mean come for a cup! You are very welcome! You won't know what is in the cup thow.... Leif, you get a PM.

True enough! And to pick up some stuff in Copenhagen is not the worst thing one can do.
    We had a night at a nice hotel, we enjoyed Tivoli, Strøget and lunch/dinner in Nyhavn. A bonus for picking up the speakers.

Leif
    (at work in Skien/Geiteryggen this week, what about meeting for a cup of cofee one day Rolf?)

For the C50 Olympus I just picked up, it was about 5 hours and 300 miles one way (600 miles round trip). I did spend the night and come home the next day.

Newburgh Indiana to Cleveland

342 mile each way
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

JBL Dog
    Just drove 400 miles round trip for this C31.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post
    Just drove 400 miles round trip for this C31.

She's a purty one

Thread Information