Thread: woofer enclosure

woofer enclosure

I am new here. My name is Lee. I'm looking for plans or specs for enclosures for a pair of 416-8A "Voice of the Theater" 15" woofers. They are paired with 511 B cast alu flared segmented horns and N501-8A attenuaters. All driven by a Marantz 1060 amp. Pretty ancient stuff but it all still functions perfectly. Been languishing for awhile and it's time to resurrect it all.

The enclosures can either be ported or sealed. Any info, directions where to find etc. would be appreciated. I also note that the Altec 620 enclosures are recommended for these. Space is not a problem. Perhaps they would be suitable. Plans or enclosure kits would be nice.

You may email me @ pmhalvatzoominternet.net if you wish.

Thank you very much.

Lee Halverson

The "Onken Thread" is a start ( for some inspiration ) for this type of special reflex enclosure .

Another is ; Hiragas Crossover for the A5 for a midrange horn loaded approach .

Also, check out the Altec portion of the Lansing Library for some basic blueprints .

<> cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    The "Onken Thread" is a start ( for some inspiration ) for this type of special reflex enclosure .

Another is ; Hiragas Crossover for the A5 for a midrange horn loaded apprach .

Also, check out the Altec portion of the Lansing Library for some basic blueprints .

<> cheers
    Ditto these good suggestions from Earl K. Depends upon your woodworking skills and willingness to put some time into the process. The Onken would likely be tops in the gamut of possibilities. A clone of the Model 19 is in the mix. Some of the original blueprints from Altec in the Library are less complicated in terms of construction.
    David F
    San Jose

Thread Information