Thread: Need Help with ID, I have an NOS "G25" JBL Grill & an NOS JBL A22 adapter Kit

Need Help with ID, I have an NOS "G25" JBL Grill & an NOS JBL A22 adapter Kit

I am trying to find the JBL model the G25 Grill fits, and what the A22 Adapter kit went to. I will attach a couple Pics of the Boxes and the A22 adapter kit out of the Box.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Choatpadda; 11-23-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add Photo of G25 Grill

The A22 adapter kit was used in the C36 and C38 enclosures. Looks like your pieces include block-off plates for the holes used for mounting 075 and LE175DLH depending on load and adapters for blocking off the 15-inch mounting hole when using smaller (12", 8") woofers than a 15" D130 or 130A, as well as block-off plate and wiring adapter for use with a full-range driver and no crossover. Seems the kit was used with many configurations and had enough parts to accommodate any of many different loads. Perhaps the grille is from a similar cabinet. Why don't you open it up and let us see the grille?

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image.../page20-21.jpg
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The A22 adapter kit was used in the C36 and C38 enclosures. Looks like your pieces include block-off plates for the holes used for mounting 075 and LE175DLH depending on load and adapters for blocking off the 15-inch mounting hole when using smaller (12", 8") woofers than a 15" D130 or 130A, as well as block-off plate and wiring adapter for use with a full-range driver and no crossover. Seems the kit was used with many configurations and had enough parts to accommodate any of many different loads. Perhaps the grille is from a similar cabinet. Why don't you open it up and let us see the grille?

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image.../page20-21.jpg

Thanks!! You are an Wealth of Info! I called the JBL CS dept which was an exercise in futility...You Could Run the Place Now...lol
    I will open up the Box with the Grill and Post an Photo. It has the "G25" on the Box and I assume that would go with an "C25" cabinet but IDKFS

Added Photos of Grill Front & Back

What are the dimensions?

My guess is it's for the Athena SC99:

Name:  page15.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  180.5 KB
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    What are the dimensions?

My guess is it's for the Athena SC99:

Name:  page15.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  180.5 KB
    They are about 23" Wide and that has to be it! I looked up an photo and found they have just the Two mounting Posts Middle top & Bottom matching the holes on the grill. Nice photo, I actually have an Pair of the Lancer 99's with the Fretwork type grill like the one in the photo.
    Thanks Again! You really do Know Vintage JBL.

Thread Information