Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beryllium diaphragms ??

Beryllium diaphragms ??

I saw these folks at the AES show in SF recently...and was wondering if anyone has tried...heard...or measured these.
    They fit the 375/2440 family of drivers

http://www.electrofusionproducts.com...asp?page_id=77

Quote Originally Posted by mikeharris View Post
    I saw these folks at the AES show in SF recently...and was wondering if anyone has tried...heard...or measured these.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...phragm-options

make a search with "Truextent"

these have been reviewed and discussed, just use "search"
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Obsolete

JBL did. The diaphragms are outstanding.

Yes!

I've had them for almost a year in 2446 drivers and they have spoiled me big time!

See my avatar.

Ron

JBL Pro for home use!

Truextent berylium diaphrams

I was the first to use these, and had use of one pr of the prototypes prior to them being released for sale. while my first use of these was in my new line of field coil drivers. It was almost a year before I got around to refitting a stock JBL 2" format driver with these.While the performance in a field coil was to be expected to be outstanding , I had already been using JBL's GOTTO built berylium diaphrams. I was truly impressed with the improvement these made to the standard JBL line. If refitting an alnico driver I recommend recharging as well, since these are at least 30 yrs old.
    when refitting these carefull attention must be made in also getting the correct height and this is usually 5-10/1000 above the top plate.
    THERE IS NO LONGER ANY NEED FOR THE TAD 4001 &4002 DRIVERS WITH THERE STIFF SURROUNDS AND INABILITY TO GO DOWN LOW.
    TRULY AN AMAZING SUCCESS FOR BRUSH-WELLMAN.
    GOOD LUCK
    JOHN WOLFF
    CLASSIC AUDIO LOUDSPEAKERS

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by jw5115 View Post
    TRULY AN AMAZING SUCCESS FOR BRUSH-WELLMAN.
    Yeah, JBL seems kind of miffed but they probably should have taken Brush-Wellman up on the offer to distribute them... Something tells me though that the price would have ended up being higher.

Quote Originally Posted by jw5115 View Post
    THERE IS NO LONGER ANY NEED FOR THE TAD 4001 &4002 DRIVERS WITH THERE STIFF SURROUNDS AND INABILITY TO GO DOWN LOW.
    Hi John. How low have you taken them? I've had them down to 410 Hz. with a 24db L-R slope, about as low as I'd want to take my horns, and to me they still sounded great without issues.

In answer to the OP, they are worth every penny, in my opinion. I know people who have spent much more on cables and gotten magnitudes less (if any) improvement. They are smooth and natural sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    I've had them for almost a year in 2446 drivers and they have spoiled me big time!

See my avatar.

Ron
    Pro sound at home!I like it,i like your signature
    46 lover

Brush-wellman

Has anyone tried these to replace the 2441 diaphragms for the 2397 horns with slots one the top endand how did they sound differently ?

its like taking the cotton wool out of your ears ! I believe others will agree me - you find the missing 15% of music you paid for

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by kartsmart View Post
    Has anyone tried these to replace the 2441 diaphragms for the 2397 horns with slots one the top endand how did they sound differently ?
    Funny you should ask! This exact task is on my this week to do list.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Funny you should ask! This exact task is on my this week to do list.
    Keep us posted on the 2397s and how they sound with the slots , also what are you using below the horns ? crossovers ?

Hey Hack ,

exciting stuff dude . I look forward to your impressions ...... Not wishing to piss on your fire ,but you may find the horn holds you back a bit . You may find you need a horn with more loading to make the most of the extension you will get below 900 hrtz ... Just my opinion .

The slots may be redundant too. You should be able to get the 2441 flat past you hearing . Maybe a Ribbon or the TD 703 ?

Rich

I have never myself used the 2397 although I have heard them alot. The pair I have were recently aquired for measurement purposes mostly and one more reference.

Since there is much published data for the 2441/2311 and 2441/2397 combinations and these were designed to work together I want to get familiar with them. I have not heard a 2" throat horn yet that I didn't think would benefit from a real tweeter (but I haven't heard them all) and I don't expect these to be any different. I am just trying to make my measurement and mental references more complete. What I am really interested in is what makes good workable combinations with the least amount of required EQ, one of the worst so far with the parts I have is a 2441Al on a 2365, yuck.

I plan on running them with AL,Ti, and Be. To listen to these I will probably set them on top of my office system so the stack would be Sub1500's, 2020's, 2397's, with 077's in and out optional. A DBX260 does the dividing, fun!
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thread Information