By Tuesday next week, I should have a brand new pair of JBL Sub 1500 - (I have my fingers crossed for the spider detachment issues). I also have a pair of freshly reconed 2245H.

Currently my JBL 4345 Clones are in a relatively small room (13'x20'x8') - but I will be moving them into our living room this Winter (16' x 24' x 12' and open to the rest of the house on one side). For a room that large/open, I was thinking adding subs may be necessary. I really don't care for the "boom-boom-boom" - but I absoluelty love/need the "presense" of effortless/musical bass. Again, I don't like it too loud and I am by no means a bass freak, but I feel a sub can really enhance "full-range" sound effect.

I wanted to get the opinion of fellow forum members to see which of the two subs (Sub 1500 vs 2245H) would be a better option. I love the fact that I could get away with a smaller cabinet using the Sub1500 - but if the 2245H is more "HiFi" (for lack of a better word), then I will consider using the 2245H.

The are going to used strictly for music and will be used in pairs.

Current System:

Pre-Amp: Herron VSP-1
Amp (High+Mid): Plinius SA-100 MKIII
Amp (Bass): McIntosch 7270
Crossover: Marchand XM-9
Speakers: JBL 4345 Clones (with 4355 equivalent crossovers w/ JBL2441+2397 on top)