We had one of our get togethers this weekend and thought some of you might like to see some pictures (the faces behind the names). It was my turn to host this time. The listening room isn't 100% complete, but it is complete enough to give it a try and for me to get some good feedback from some trusted ears who know great sound.

The subs were installed and up and running the day before the event. They've been re-foamed recently as well. I've been moving the main speakers back and forth, left and right trying to get them in the sweet spot.

In a nutshell, we all thought the sound was pretty good and full overall. However, the subs were less than overwhelming. When I used them last, in my old home, the subs were absolutely overwhelming - in a very good way. They used to reach down so low that you could feel pressure waves coming at you, hitting you in the gut, and then going past you. I'm referring to the real infrasonic stuff, not just bass drum hits. One difference is that I was runing the subs in stereo, whereas I used to run them in mono. I'll have to make that change and see if it makes a difference.

But, we still had a great time, and the gang is a great group of folks.

It's a little fuzzy, but here's a picture of Heather (hjames), Mark (opimax), Wilfredo (unsure of Wilfredo's handle), and Wilfredo's friend Troy.
Name:  IMG_4236.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  74.6 KB