Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D.C. Area Get Togeher

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

he has built square full-height bass traps in the corners of the room (the yellow stacked firm fiberglass column in the 2x4 frames) -
    and has his older designed traps he used before nearby (the round columns behind his main Legacy speakers - looks like a hot water heater!) ...
    That was my first thought: Is that a water heater? Then I figured it was a bass trap.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    That was my first thought: Is that a water heater? Then I figured it was a bass trap.
    Well, I was a plumber for 20 years, so I'm kind of partial to pipes and cylinders.

I like the Blue Barf that came out of my mouth whilre past out drinking beer

For those that know me I dont drink beer so they know this is an act. i drink , just sweet drinks

I yelled "want to see my college days?" plopped down "passed out" in front of the speakers, hmm I thnk i know why I never finished , lol

It is a great time on every one of our get togethers, usuallly learn sopmething , hear something different, and just have FUN!

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

yes! Lots of grinning and laughing ... a good group of folks!
    Tho we did miss John and Phil who had elsewhere plans that day ... mebbe next time!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Tho we did miss John and Phil who had elsewhere plans that day ... mebbe next time!
    Believe me, I know how much fun you guys have and I'd have much rather been there!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Unfortunately, I was busy playing with other big JBLs in Richmond that weekend...SR4718 subs on the PA, plus E140 + 2135 drivers in the stage amps.

I'll try to catch you all next time around!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hard to believe the time has passed! We had ANOTHER Mid-Atlantic listening party yesterday
    to appreciate Steve's new Legacy Aerius
    speakers and the next evolution of his listening space ...

And as you can see, the "dual JBL 2245 subs" grew to become quad 2245 subs ...
    The bass traps in the corner have been nicely integrated into the room design -
    and he has a ceiling mounted projector for movies and setup screen viewing ...
    its really a superb place to enjoy music and other media ...

Name:  Legacy_3769.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  61.7 KB
    Name:  Legacy_3773.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  70.0 KB
    Name:  TT-Float_3782.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  79.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Notice under the TT is an Xilica XP-4080 DSP Processor that came
    with the Aerius speakers - it has a tremendous range of capabilities to dial everything in!

One of the attendees brought a new Oppo UDP-205 player - plugged it into the system, and played some Flac files from
    NIN: Hesitation Marks Audiophile Mastered version off a thumb drive - Amazing stuff.
    Another brought an LP of Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Street Core - really fun stuff.

Anyway, after all kinds of speakers, Steve owned Genisis for a bit,
    and replaced them with Legacy focus speakers a number of years ago and really liked them.
    And now that he wanted a pair to to really appreciate, so he went to the factory earlier this year,
    and got exactly what he wanted. He plays more in the metal, harder rock genre than I do ...
    I tend to listen to more jazz and acoustic that he does, and at a lower volume,
    but it WAS an impressive sound, and at one point we moved the sofa forward
    maybe 4 inches and got a soundstage 8 foot wide!

He's still fine tuning them ...
    All in all, a great day!

And don't discount that stack of four (4!!) JBL 2245s woofers in large cabinets ...

and darned if I did not misname the towers - they are Legacy Aeris speakers, built in Springfield, IL

Curious if you listened to the Aries without the in-wall 2245s.

It would seem that their design certainly wouldn't need external subwoofers. Look like some fine speakers, built not far from where I was born.

Sorry I missed the event!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Curious if you listened to the Aeris without the in-wall 2245s.

It would seem that their design certainly wouldn't need external subwoofers. Look like some fine speakers, built not far from where I was born.

Mr. Steve would need to comment - but on reading the comments on the Aeris speakers, it says Separate 500-watt full-bandwidth ICEpower amplifier modules are used for each of the 12" woofers (!) - 1000w ICEpower amplifiers PER CABINET ... Crazy!!

But you know how musicians are (esp drummers and Bass players) - Too much bass is just right!

Tho honestly - it did not sound like too much, except for the NIN tracks -
    and even they were clean where they were supposed to be -
    and distorted without breakup where they were distorted as recorded.

Yeah, we did miss you - but do understand about Saturdays ...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Curious if you listened to the Aries without the in-wall 2245s.

I have listened to them without the subs and for most music, they're just fine. I have the subs crossed over at 40Hz and the mains running full range. I find that it helps smooth the bass a little and it really helps when watching movies or listening to the rare music that has infrasonic content. Those subs can literally lift your backside up when your sitting on the couch.

But, there's nothing like truly deep, stupid loud bass.

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    But, there's nothing like truly deep, stupid loud bass.

Thanks for the virtual listening session and letting us tag along.

Widget

Thread Information