I found out today that Steve Higgins, member Steveh, passed away around the 18th of this month. I knew Steve in the 1970s and saw him again in recent years. He was one of the nicest people I ever met, a wonderful man. He died after a long struggle with cancer.

A couple of his best friends, my local audio dealers, were with him at the last in the Florida Keys. They brought down some equipment they had refurbished and he listened to some favorite music, I presume on his JBLs, on what must have been his last day of life.

One of my favorite possessions, if I ever find it again, is a tiny trophy plaque he won back in the day in what was our local hill climb. He gave it to me many years ago. The vehicle he used was a four banger British sports car which he had fixed up totally, even brazing new metal on the body before refinishing it. He had a lot of bad luck in his life and that car was no exception. After it was completed, some idiot driver plowed into it and totaled it. Steve brushed the whole thing off and went on, positive as always. (That hill climb was the best/toughest course I have ever seen. It is a wicked paved road winding up a wooded park on the river bluff. Insurance liability, I assume, killed the race many years ago. The road was/is one heck of a challenge on my Ducati and I could not imagine racing up it myself.)

Around here we are in shock over Steve finally passing away, being really gone.

Clark