Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Have Lost Member Steveh

We Have Lost Member Steveh

I found out today that Steve Higgins, member Steveh, passed away around the 18th of this month. I knew Steve in the 1970s and saw him again in recent years. He was one of the nicest people I ever met, a wonderful man. He died after a long struggle with cancer.

A couple of his best friends, my local audio dealers, were with him at the last in the Florida Keys. They brought down some equipment they had refurbished and he listened to some favorite music, I presume on his JBLs, on what must have been his last day of life.

One of my favorite possessions, if I ever find it again, is a tiny trophy plaque he won back in the day in what was our local hill climb. He gave it to me many years ago. The vehicle he used was a four banger British sports car which he had fixed up totally, even brazing new metal on the body before refinishing it. He had a lot of bad luck in his life and that car was no exception. After it was completed, some idiot driver plowed into it and totaled it. Steve brushed the whole thing off and went on, positive as always. (That hill climb was the best/toughest course I have ever seen. It is a wicked paved road winding up a wooded park on the river bluff. Insurance liability, I assume, killed the race many years ago. The road was/is one heck of a challenge on my Ducati and I could not imagine racing up it myself.)

Around here we are in shock over Steve finally passing away, being really gone.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Clark, sorry to hear of the passing of your friend and our LH member. Please accept my heartfelt condolences, and if you know family and friends pass along my regrets at their loss.

Time is inexorable, taking us as it will. Everybody take care.
    Out.

Hello Clark

I am sorry to hear this. Please pass on my condolences to his friends and family.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Obsolete
    I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his friends and family.

Sad news. My deepest sympathy.

Best
    JA
    Have Fun - >>> Nessun Dorma - 12 years old <<<
    Best, Joe Alesi

I've had a couple of dealings with Steve over the years and we became modern "friends" who never had the opportunity to meet. Not that Steve didn't frequently offer to host me if I ever made my way to his part of the world!

We talked a few times when I'd just call him spontaneously, and we'd spend a long phone-call talking about two of his favorite things; sound and cars! Many times he offered me some of his equipment he thought I'd enjoy and on two occasions he sold me components, shipped them before receiving payment, and told me if I didn't want them just to send them back. He always did what he said, and more.

Over the couple of years we'd know each other Steve was very open about his health and his cancer condition. I would call him not knowing what to expect but he'd always actively engage in conversation and was appreciative of being remembered—just as we are remembering him now. No matter what was gnawing away at his material self, his spirit was always joyful, strong, and captivating.

I enjoyed his PMs though LH during some less-than-friendly public exchanges here in which I'd been involved over the years. His comments on the character and behavior of some humans was clever and priceless, and he kept me going on matters of triviality while he battled for his very life. Once again, I'll miss someone here I've never even met in-person. While my response can only be considered selfish in that I missed out on meeting these characters, I truly wish their friends and family all the best in dealing with what must be a terrible and real loss for them.

So long Steve. May you find huge JBLs and ample Crown power in your next idyllic place of residence, with challenging roads and fast cars.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I just found this and figured some here might find it interesting:
    Yes, thank you.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    I found out today that Steve Higgins, member Steveh, passed away around the 18th of this month.
    condolences to his friends and family...

JBL 4645
    Clark, I’m sorry to read about the passing of you’re friend, Steve.

Once again.....very sad news in the LH community.

I'm very sorry you lost a dear friend, Clark. My condolences to his family and friends.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Sad news, and one year younger then me. I did not know him very well, but every time I read that someone of the "old school" has past away makes me think that we are getting fewer and fewer. What will happen to this forum in the future when we (the "old" ones) are all gone.

It makes me think about my age to. It is good that we don't know about tomorrow.

I like to give my deepest condolences to his family and friends. If somebody here on the forum who are close to them, please give my condolences to them.

One time we all will meet again.

Sad news indeed!

While I did not know him personally we have lost another old school friend.

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

More sad news

Sorry to read this as well. I never had the pleasure of getting to know him but wish his family well in these sad times.

Evening, Clark,

Sincere condolences to you, and to Steve's family and other friends. It's never a good thing to lose dear friends, and no matter how it happens, you can never really be prepared for it. God Bless Steve, and all his family and friends, in this sad time.

Sincerely
    Doc Mark and Sweet Bride
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information