Thread: Help! What 12" JBL Woofer To Install In C-38 Baron Want Flat 3 Way

Question Help! What 12" JBL Woofer To Install In C-38 Baron Want Flat 3 Way

JBL Baron C-38 Best Choice In A 12" Woofer
    Hello Everyone This Is My First Post! I'm Wanting To Add A 104H-3 Mid To My Pair Of Barons,
    Which I Believe Would Dictate I Need A Real Woofer To Replace My D-123A's. I Also Believe
    A 12" Woofer Would Be A Better Choice In This Small Cabinet Than A LE-14A Or H Or A 15"
    Woofer. I Would Appreciate Any Suggestions You All Might Have For Me! Also, I'm Assuming
    I Should Also Replace The 075 Bullets With A Pair Of o 035 TI's Or 044 TI's. Any Suggestions On This Matter And Of Course I'll Need A Change In My Crossover. Wish I Had Room For A Mid Bass But, I'm Fairly Certain That's Out! What Are Your Thoughts On My Modification?
    Thanks
    JBL Only

Here are the originally suggested systems from JBL... based on these, it would seem an LE14 woofer with a mid and tweeter might work out if you have the real estate on the baffle.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Could Some Suggest The Appropriate Woofer For Flat Response

I've Seen Post On C-38 Baron Enclosures So I'm Confident Someone In The Group Would
    Have A Great Recommendation For Me ! I Really Want To Make The Best Use Of These Great Cabinets. Trying To Achieve An Uncolored Response And I've Read The 12" And The 15" Drivers Normally Associated With These Cabinets Are Really Not Woofers But, Mid Bass Drivers Or
    Full Range Drivers! Really Need Your Knowledgeable Assistance!
    Thanks JBL Only

Thanks For Your Suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Here are the originally suggested systems from JBL... based on these, it would seem an LE14 woofer with a mid and tweeter might work out if you have the real estate on the baffle.

Widget
    I Sincerely Appreciate Your Response However, I've Read Here On The Forums That The Box Was Really Too Small For A 15" Driver Which, I Would Think Would Include The LE-14A. I Currently Have D-123's Which Are Considered A Full Range Speaker. The D-123A Used In
    The L-100 Would Work But, It Too Is Not A True Low End Woofer. The L-100 Was A Typical Boom Boom Tweet,Tweet Speaker Which Is Great For Rock And Roll. I Sold Hunrdeds Of Them In The Day
    I'm Attempting To Go Toward The Sound Of A 240TI In A Smaller Cabinet. I Have The Real-estate For A Mid . I Worked In Retail Hi-fi In The 1960's And Sold And Auditioned All Of These Classic JBL Designs Including The Famous Paragon I Also Own A Mint Pair Of Sovereign Cabinets With The S8R System. I'm New To The Forum But, Not A Novice To Audio ,Just Not Familiar With The Newer Pro Series Speaker Numbers. Should No One Respond, I Can Find The Data I'm Seeking Thought This Would Be A Little Quicker And Thought I Might Meet Some Fellow JBL Enthusiast, I Could Enjoy Chatting With. I'm Also A Licensed Technician And Soon I'll Be Completely Rebuilding A Citation 1 Pre-amp On A Brand New Citation Chassis!
    Sincerely
    JBL Only

12" JBL woofer.

Look into a JBL 2206 for your woofer.
    http://www.jblpro.com/pub/components/2206.pdf
    You will have change to port.

2206 not reall a great woofer

A great midbass driver for sure though!

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Thread Information