Thread: L166 Stands? (Foam Trends Still Around??)

L166 Stands? (Foam Trends Still Around??)

Hello!

I'm looking for a pair of stands for L166 speakers. I searched the forum and saw that Foam Trends (use to?) makes a very nice replica stand for the L166. I emailed them twice with no response. According to their website, they moved and are unable to process orders.

Does anyone have other contact information for them?

Thank you!
    Gary

I know that sculpted foam innovations makes the walnut stands for the l100's not sure what happened to foam trends. Look for this guy on eBay he usually has his the foam grills on their. I've went through him several times and he makes the stands as well.

Jbl l166 walnut speaker stands

I have the jbl walnut l-166 speakers stands for sale..they are brand new reproductions that are duplicated exact in every way. You can give me a call at (816) 529-3715 if you are still interested in them..thanks

scott
    sculpted-foam-innovations

Hi Scott,

I found a recent post that said you're in Seattle...? Is this correct? I'll be there next week on a business trip... Is there a way I can check them out?

Thank you!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by jbl foam guy View Post
    I have the jbl walnut l-166 speakers stands for sale..they are brand new reproductions that are duplicated exact in every way. You can give me a call at (816) 529-3715 if you are still interested in them..thanks

scott
    sculpted-foam-innovations

Quote Originally Posted by sperkerchef View Post
    I know that sculpted foam innovations makes the walnut stands for the l100's not sure what happened to foam trends. Look for this guy on eBay he usually has his the foam grills on their. I've went through him several times and he makes the stands as well.

FoamTrends in alive and somewhat well, I just talked with Bart Love (co-owner) last week.
    They are currently out of foam and trying to find a new source that meets the original JBL standards,which they hold to without question, unlike sculpted innovations!
    As for the walnut stands and lenses, that should be an easy item to take care of for you.
    The email address is [email protected].
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimman View Post
    FoamTrends in alive and somewhat well, I just talked with Bart Love (co-owner) last week.
    They are currently out of foam and trying to find a new source that meets the original JBL standards,which they hold to without question, unlike sculpted innovations!
    As for the walnut stands and lenses, that should be an easy item to take care of for you.
    The email address is [email protected].
    Good Luck
    Just speaking from personal experience I've always received top quality products from sculpted innovations. I'm sure foam trends does a good job as well but I don't undestand the animosity towards sculpted foam innovations?

Quote Originally Posted by sperkerchef View Post
    Just speaking from personal experience I've always received top quality products from sculpted innovations. I'm sure foam trends does a good job as well but I don't undestand the animosity towards sculpted foam innovations?
    Check out the post's here on sculpted foams background! He boosted his products from Bart and on Epay all he does is trash talk Foamtrends when you ask him comparison questions! Total Jerk in my humble opinion.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by grouch808 View Post
    Hello!

I'm looking for a pair of stands for L166 speakers. I searched the forum and saw that Foam Trends (use to?) makes a very nice replica stand for the L166. I emailed them twice with no response. According to their website, they moved and are unable to process orders.

Does anyone have other contact information for them?

Thank you!
    Gary
    Are you talking about the short stands (2-3 inches) that tilt the cabinets back a few degrees? Those would not be my first choice with L-166's, since L-166's sound best on their sides, so they need to be on much taller stands. Standing them vertically causes cancellations (nulls, suck-outs) between the mid and tweeter in the horizontal plane. That makes for uneven frequency response as you move side-to-side, compared to horizontal placement, where the uneven response is only in the vertical plane. (Standing vs. sitting, rather than where you sit.)

I started with them vertical, but found the sweet spot was really hard to find, after toeing them in, I was able to get them to sound right in one spot, but only that one spot...

Unfortunately, the original ads and even the labeling on the speakers lead one to believe that the cabinet is supposed to be vertical, but that's just not the case. (Compare the mid/tweeter layout to 4412's and lots of other monitors that have the labels oriented so it's obvious that it's supposed to be on it's "side" for proper sound, you'll see what I mean.)

I use a side table that's about 6 feet long to get my 166's up closer to ear level. Of course, once I finished my 4412A's, the L-166's are mostly just acting as stands for them, and the height of the 4412A's is right AT ear level now.
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

Thread Information