Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Scott Fitlin...

Thumbs down Effin' Eff, Eff this Effin' Miserable News

@%@$#! *(#&^<>: _)+º•∞ io <)(*$%# !!!!!!!!

˚©ƒ√ç∂∂ߥ√∆ ´∑œåß∂ß߈ ˆøπ *(^%fl‡°·‚‚— !!!!!!

piss piss piss

Out.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    @%@$#! *(#&^<>: _)+º•∞ io <)(*$%# !!!!!!!!

˚©ƒ√ç∂∂ߥ√∆ ´∑œåß∂ß߈ ˆøπ *(^%fl‡°·‚‚— !!!!!!

piss piss piss

Well Doug you don’t seem too happy about reading this. It is a bummer and I don’t understand myself why? Why ScottyJ taken so early in life.

I cried a bit reading though the other links, people that knew him, or wanted to meet him, and it just brought me down in tears.

I read some of the other links also.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Well Doug you don’t seem too happy about reading this. It is a bummer and I don’t understand myself why? Why ScottyJ taken so early in life.

I cried a bit reading though the other links, people that knew him, or wanted to meet him, and it just brought me down in tears.
    On 8/17/10 we all were wishing him a happy birthday and now we are grieving over a loss.
    Three years ago this week I was in the hospital, I almost died of septic shock. The survival rate for this is about 33%, I'm very lucky to be alive. I don't take life for granted any more, every day is precious. Today I'm alive and grieving over the loss of a LH friend!
    My father was an alcoholic, I understand some of the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post

I've just finished a couple of miles of hard running to clean out the lightning bolts in my brain. I was literally speechless.

Scott and I connected on a couple of levels, and I promised him I'd be out to see his place and hear his system before it closed for the season. Not now.

One thing we had in deep communion was a love and respect for today's best music: dance, trance, urban beats, club mixes. His place was in fact all of those things: a dance hall (with bumper cars), an entrancing environment, an urban crossroads, and a club. I think he was even more enthusiastic than I about the music. When we'd discuss it, he was totally mental about it. He said he'd let me spin on his system when I came out. Not now.

I'm playing "Love Is Alive (Harry Lemon Remix Re-Edit)" by Not Ferris in his memory right now. The L250s are giving it all they've got, and everyone in my office thinks I've lost it, sitting here dabbing my eyes and blasting out, but shit, I'm the boss, so they'll take it. It's what Scott would have done.
    Out.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrobso View Post
    On 8/17/10 we all were wishing him a happy birthday and now we are grieving over a loss.
    Three years ago this week I was in the hospital, I almost die of septic shock. The survival rate for this is about 33%, I'm very lucky to be alive. I don't take life for granted any more, every day is precious. Today I'm alive and grieving over the loss of a LH friend!
    My father was an alcoholic, I understand some of the battles.
    jcrobso

I understand.

I think we should all, have moments silence on Friday starting 12 midday UK and 12 midday west central and east for US, for one hour.

Doug

I understand you're pain and how this pisses you off, it doesn't seem right. And now you won't be able to share a friendly chat with him...This doesn't seem right.

Dear god - what news ...!
    What a darned shame - what a loss - what a great guy to chat with ...
    Been meaning to go up there and check the place out, but guess now I'll never meet him around these parts ... DAMN!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

This is sad !

What a good man ! I was just talking to him last week .... A loss to everyone here to be sure .

My condolences to his family and close friends .....

I bloody hate that illness more than any other . Why can some people get the message and others not .... I guess only the HP knows that answer ...
    I'm deeply sad when a brother or sister loses the fight ...

Rich.... a grateful friend of Bill W

This has been a tough week...so sorry to hear about Scott. Coney Island (and LHF) just isn't going to be the same.

je

I never had any deals with Scott but did learn a lot from his posts. What a shame, what a loss. Rest in peace Scott!

Crap! A shock.
    RIP Scott. You knew how to rock the house, bro!

How sad, and how sad to miss someone you never had the chance to know!

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

RIP Scott. My condolences to your family.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Sad news indeed! I met Scott at Coney Island 1 time. he didn't recognize me from the forum but treated as the nicest guest, played his system a little louder for me and chatted about equipment , very generous offered me and my 2 friends to ride the cars for the fun it. Hr just took time to be extra nice even though he was very busy...

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

RIP Scott, you'll be missed!!!

I'm selling a pair of JBL 4435 in Vienna, Austria

Thread Information