Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RIP Scott Fitlin...

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    His profile ( since modified) said birth date was 1-1-48 , but Widget has a different date...never met him and dont know which is correct.

before it was changed ,, it said:

About scott fitlin
    Date of Birth January 1st (1948)
    Biography Vott freak
    Location Brooklyn NY
    Interests sex, audio, music, food, sex
    Occupation Self employed

now says:

About scott fitlin
    Biography Vott freak
    Location Brooklyn NY
    Interests sex, audio, music, food, sex
    Occupation Self employed
    Don't know where that came from... I have his birthday as:

August 16, 1962

Regardless, it really doesn't matter... it is such a shame that he is gone.

Widget

Very sad news - the forum has lost a great resource. I will miss his posts' positivity. He loved to post about what he liked, and was a great moderator - he kept things on the up, even when dealing with rants (at least on all the threads I've seen in my short history here). I am glad, though, that JohnAec now has someone to argue pro audio with

On a more pragmatic note, JohnAec had Rick/rbs4000 to help him liquidate his collection and get maximum value for it - Is there anyone local to Scotty that new him that can help with this? I'm sure he had rooms full of stuff and I would s**t if I saw a flipper/estate guy making a ton of money off Scotty's equipment - I'm sure he or his family have needs that could be better taken care of. Again, if anyone here knew him personally, contact his family and see if we can help.

I'm going out to the shop to crank up the system and spin one in his honor.

He told me more than once he couldn't believe I was more than ten years older, but then I couldn't believe he was as old as he was. Since we both like(ed) the same current, non-mainstream music, it was difficult to imagine we were two or three generations older than the artists creating it.
    Out.

Been out of the loop here for a bit but....wow, I cant believe it So sorry to hear about this, my condolences to his family.
    I have been busy (like everybody else) and dearly miss this forum and all the members that make up this "family" for it really is like that in many ways.

Sad news indeed. I'll miss seeing his posts & avatar
    Just Play Music.

Staff Emeritus

Maybe you guys (Widget & Rob) would consider a "Staff Emeritus" under his name where it says moderator for Scotty J

48 years old way too young ! You just never Know.Make the most out of what you can.This thing called life, is but only a very short ride !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

Aw, gosh! I'm so sad to hear of Scott's departure. He was so much fun, and I admired his high energy level and enthusiasm for all things audio. He was generous always, expressing appreciation for my hysterical historical ramblings. I'm really gonna miss him, and feel especially sorry for those who were close to him and have to deal with a loss of this magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    I'm really gonna miss him, and feel especially sorry for those who were close to him and have to deal with a loss of this magnitude.
    From numerous phone conversations I got the feeling his family was both small and tight. I wish I had their contact info so that we could let them know how much he'll be missed.

Widget

I found this short audio interview with Scott that was posted last Friday by some friends:

http://www.coneyislandhistory.org/news/?p=484

JBL 4645
    svollmer

cheers for the audio clip, nice find.

I’m not going anywhere. I guess I've got the sand, in my shoes.
    Scott Fitlin

Well wish you were still here to share more of that sand, Scotty, Bumb! Bumb!

We Will Miss You Scott

I"M floored

The man had incredeble passion for his beliefs.

We had many discussions both on and off the Forum.It was always a fun experience!

Sorry to hear of his passing.

Gods Speed Scotto

Oldmics/John Harding

This is truly sad...

This is very sad to hear. I have had many interesting chats with Scott over the years. This news makes me very sorry I did not take the time to swing out and visit with him on my last trip through New York.

He certainly was a lover of hi end audio and this forum. I will miss him......as we all will.

Our thoughts are with his family.

Ken

I've also been out of the loop of late and just saw this thread.

Sad news indeed.

I met Scotty when I toured the States previously. It was either in 2004 or 2007 l don't recall but it was quite memorable. We spent most of our time together in his work shop talking audio, mainly active crossovers and the history of his system.

Then Scotty took me on one of those crazy rides...

I met his Mum and Dad and I recall Scotty saying that his Dad had visited Luna Park in Melbourne once.

Since then we kept in touch and shared pms regularly and I would always get a pm on Christmas Day.

Scotty's posts were one thing and always a joy to read but he was bigger than life in person and one of the most passionate guys I have met when it comes it audio.

As Mr Widget says it is such a shame that he is gone.

Greetings, Friends,

I have been away for a while, taking care of the myriad "things" that pop up in all our lives, and only stopping by for a brief peek to see what you've all been up to. Finding this very sad news about Scotty today, my 61st birthday, is absolutely a stunning turn of events!! In truth, though I did not know him, other than corresponding here, I felt like I did. He seemed to grab live by the throat and squeeze out every single bit of goodness from it, and I shall miss reading his posts, very much. I am sorry that Sweet Bride and I never got to meet him in his beloved Eldorado. My he rest in peace, and may his soul find happiness and comfort, and maybe a sort of "JBL Nirvana", where ever he may be. Sad, sad news....... Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark and Sweet Bride
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

jbl
    Just came across this thread. Very sad news.

Very sad news. RIP Scott. Peace and love to his family and friends.

Thread Information