Thread: Prepping my L100s for sale; but can't find them on the Registry

Prepping my L100s for sale; but can't find them on the Registry

What's up with the new registry?

A few years back I placed my L100 Centuries into the registry and they ended up first on the list, i.e. the oldest ones at that time. I purchased them new in 1972, serial numbers 36082 and 36090. I finally found them in the L100 group but when I clicked on them none of my info was there; just the serial numbers.

Anyway, they are in excellent condition and I have finally--after 38 years of loving possession--decided to let them go. Being somewhat intimidated by Ebay, I'm inclined to put them on the Sacramento Craigslist and find a buyer that's close enough to 95991 that I don't need to deal with shipping them. Just starting the process of getting them ready, and learning what they are worth. Advice would be appreciated.

Depending in whether or not they're the in-line or more common offset can make a pretty significant difference. My guess us they are the in-line because I believe this was the last year before the changed the crossover and switched to the off-set drivers and replaced the le20-1 with the le25. A pair of in-lines went for over $1600 yesterday literally! I wouldn't take anything less than $500. Hope this helps.

Yes, they are the in-line models, so that's cool. See the photo. I just installed the new, black grills. The cabinets are very good. There are 2 or 3 tiny (1mm) nicks, two shallow scratches, and two of the wood lips had to be glued. If a "just like new" would be ranked as a 10, I'm thinking that both of these would be an 8 or a 9, but then again, I didn't see that each step in the ranking was defined--just the two ends--so it's just my guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information