Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rinkerman View Post
What comes out doesn't sound like what went in...I'm glad they discontinued it.
+1 Actually, stuff comes out that was not sent in...

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
Big differences sonically between the Driverack PA and 260 apparently. Save up for the 260...
+1, that is, if you must have a Driverack...

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
The dbx will do what it says on the tin but it wont do it as well or as sonically satisfying as the equiv XTA. That said the base level XTA will run you a cool £2500 but wont sound 8x better.
Make the 10x, and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
Thanks for the replies fellahs. Thats the kind of info I was looking for. I'm guessing that the digital processing is not as tidy as it could be..
Yup and in the digital realm it's all about the A/D and D/A converters. Cutting costs there is like cheapo head-amps on mixing consoles...

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
Mac, you may be able to pick up a s/h Tannoy TDX2 oop there-which is a rebadged XTA 226 (minus the card slot). I use one on xover/peq duties, it sounds great, transparent and flexible-it certainly isn't 'spitty or untidy..
A great plan, if true - news to me.

I've used xta for many, many years. I own 3 of them, and always hand-carry one 448 when on a fly-dates tour. It is the most powerful tool in my arsenal. I nightly am re-building PA systems on-the-fly, quickly, and invariably always get a result vastly improved on the install. Time-alignment, good control over the band passes, and phase, coupled with those powerful PEQ's is a wonderful experience.

Plus, the AudioCore software (free) is incredible. Conversely, I've owned one KT DN9848 for over 5-years and have never, ever been able to get it to handshake with my laptop.