I thought I’d take a second to share my recent experience with everyone as I just purchased a set of super clean JBL XPL200A's from a fellow member here and I couldn't be happier with the speakers.

Previously, the only other large 4 way JBL’s that I had heard were a set of L7’s in a showroom where I wasn’t very impressed (I’m guessing it was mostly due to the placement and the fact that speaker room was the size of a large closet). I’ve heard lots of other JBL's, but not the 4 ways. It’s also the first time I’d heard anything from the XPL series. I wanted to upgrade away from my current CF150 (which for a cheaper speaker held up very closely in side by side testing against L112, L100t, and S312, not quite as good but not as far away as you would guess).

The sound from the XPL200’s is breathtaking. The upper mids and highs on these speakers are insanely good. Clear and fast, but not harsh. The 3” TI dome is not a marketing gimmick, it really works well. Everyone I’ve played the speakers for says the same thing.

Honestly, I was a bit worried on whether the 12” woofer would provide enough low end, or if these would sound “boring” like so many of the new high end speakers on the market now. It’s safe to say that I’m not worried about that any longer. That woofer does a great job on the low end. Not muddy or distorted at any volume. They provide a low end punch that is tight and powerful. Definitely not “boring”.

My last concern going into this purchase was how they would sound at moderate listening volume. These speakers just effortlessly project a wall of sound at any volume setting. The clarity and detail they provide at low to moderate volume levels is simply stunning.

As you can tell, I’m pretty excited about these speakers. If you haven’t heard a set of large JBL 4-ways, you owe it to yourself to find a set and listen!

Brett