Thread: B&k 140

B&k 140

Just an FYI, I set up a system for a friend using B&K ST140 ( with the blue silkscreened lettering on front) with L5's and it sounded incredible. He is using a crown preamp and the imaging and depth of soundstage was unreal. much better than my L5 setup at home with Aragon.

That was a popular entry model into the "high-end" at the time it was introduced
    (early/mid-eighties?) and considered to be a good value.

yes, only 70wpc but got good reviews, I understand this later model is better than the original with the handles. one of the best combos with L5 I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by wkjeffers View Post
    yes, only 70wpc but got good reviews, I understand this later model is better than the original with the handles. one of the best combos with L5 I have heard.
    The later production run was upped to 105 watts. I suspect the output devices were upped from a pair on each channel to 2 pair at the same time to get that output bump.

You might get an argument that the older models had more appeal. The later models had a better handle on the bass and low impedance systems. Have not heard the originals myself.

The ST 140 evolved into the ST1400 which begat the 2140 and so on.

Always nice to experience a product with that kind of longevity in the audio world.
    David F
    San Jose

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    "...Always nice to experience a product with that kind of longevity in the audio world."
    Oops. It appears that the run has ended. Reports spread about indicate that B&K is no more. At least as an independent HiFi name brand.

http://www.anderson.com/PUBLIC-SECUR...ON-a147543.php

B & K COMPONENTS
    Click image to view larger.

SEE CATALOG BELOW!

Sale includes:

TECH EQUIPMENT:

(4) Audio Precision System Two, dual domain audio test stations, (3) Audio Precision System One’s, (4) 12-channel Audio Precision XLR switchers, (24) 12-channel Audio Precision BNC switches, (7) Tektronics TDS210 digital 60 Mhz. oscilloscopes, (5) Tenma 72-4050 signal generators, loads of precision oscilloscopes, counters, and generators, (8) Tenma variable transformers, over (30) Fluke 73II multimeters, over (40) Hako soldering stations, (3) MPT digital solder stations, (3) Mantis optical inspection stations, etc.

MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS:

Schleuniger PF2000 with Ecostrip wire feed and strip system, late model Molex & Panduit terminating and crimp stations, Universal 40-station sequencer with 20-station sequencer, Universal Man-U-Sert system, Soltec 29 KVA wave solder system, Fancort UPD 3-1 de-paneller.

BENCHES:

Loads of Arlink benches, sold in 18-10-6-5 & 2 bench groups

MISCELLANEOUS EQUIPMENT:

Endco 100-1527 vertical mill, metro racking, Komatsu 3,000 lb. electric forklift, lots of mobile stairs, loads of tech hand tools, cordless driers, pliers, cutters, tool boxes, allens & special tools.

AUDIO/VIDEO EQUIPMENT:

High end home theater equipment, media controllers, tuners, AV systems, DVD players, LCD television, DAT systems, (10) high end commercial DVD players.

OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SHELVING:

Lots of commercial pallet racking, metro racks, office cubicles, copiers, fax, files, conference, and desk systems.

**CAN’T MAKE THE AUCTION? LOG ONTO WWW.BIDSPOTTER.COM AND BID FROM YOUR OFFICE OR HOME!

David F
    San Jose

Thread Information