I've had a pair of Hartsfields sitting at the end of a large very sparsly furnished room with hard floors. I have been monkeying with them for two years. I have tried most woofers JBL made, 150-4c, K145, LE-15, LE-130, D130, 2205, 136A and a TAD woofer. I made new crossovers. I've tried five different diaphrams in the 375s. I've tried 075s and 077s. I wanted to use these for home theater instead of a paragon because of the screen placement problem but I just couldn't get them to sound right. They were heading to Ebay. Well, last week I moved in a pile of furniture; big leather couches and chairs and carpets. My friends were helping the move and we stopped at one point as the speakers were just singing. The word before was "can you turn those big speakers off". Now everybody heads for that room to sit and listen to the music. Wives. Females. Known large speaker haters, really. They have gone from being anoying to being an unbelievable showstopper.

Now I know how much fun it is to solder little bypass capacitors in crossovers and change out speaker binding posts and buy giant wire but....don't forget the furniture.