I've had the XM radio service for almost 4 years...they've raised rates 50 percent , but my real problem with them was the inane DJ's ...would end up surfing the favorite channels just to get away from the jerks. Since quitting in June, I've fought with customer service as they keep billing my VISA and then giving reduced credits...

In these days of internet radio, there is no need to put up with XM.

Acquired a really deluxe laptop this year (19 in RGB screen, SACD, fingerprint security etc etc) and had plugged it into the main system (BGW 750D, 250Ti's) but using the headphone jack did not produce good quality sound. Did notice that it has a mini-Toslink optical port tho.

This week I went out on a CL ad for an Adcom preamp , noticed the seller was also offering an Adcom DAC , so I bought that too. OK..you are already guessing the end of this story.

Plugged the Toslink from the laptop into the DAC (and it is an older Burr-Brown chip) , but WOW !! ...the laptop has mostly FLAC/WAV's/hbr MP3's ....the sound now is VERY smooth and good detail (tho I'm sure the new ones are much more so) and very dynamic..its abt the best that I've head the 250Ti's sound ...beats the HELL out of XM and it will take less than 2 months of NO satellite charges to recoup the DAC cost.....WIN/WIN