Thread: 4333A/L300 vs. HPM-200

4333A/L300 vs. HPM-200

Don't laugh at the Pioneer name too loud. I am very surprised and very delighted to say that my recent purchase of some of the big HPM-200's are right up there with my former 4333a's. I am not even running my ideal amp(Nikko Alpha VI) on them as I was on the JBL's as it is in the shop. Just using a AUD-11 mkII which is 130wpc. It is a very good sounding amp, but I can't wait to wake these somewhat rare giants up with the big Nikko. Not a slam to JBL lovers as I have had many and will continue to have them from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff M View Post
    Don't laugh at the Pioneer name too loud. I am very surprised and very delighted to say that my recent purchase of some of the big HPM-200's are right up there with my former 4333a's.
    Are you going on your persistence of memory, or did you have them in the same room?

Nice speakers, though. Pics are always appreciated!

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...eaker-shootout
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I am going from what I remember about them. Not saying one is better than another. Actually, from what I have read from others, they are very close sonically. No pics as I have just started to refinish them. I have been through alot of decent speakers in my day and have a fairly good ear/recall. Off the top of my head......4333a's, RS1B's, Delta/Gammas, Talon Khorus, AR9's, La Scalas, ADS 1230's, and a host of others.

Thread Information