Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dome's house: JBL demonstrations in LA

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Hey, I'll be in Ohio in late March/early April. Unfortunately, I won't be bringing my JBLs with me. My mom's near Toledo, and Bose is the order of the day for her and her husband.

Toledo-Chicago-LA is doable. So is Cleveland-St.Louis-LA and Cincinnati-LA. I've done 'em all.
    What town is she in?

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake View Post
    What town is she in?
    My mom's near Waterville; my dad's in Perrysburg. I grew up near Monclova.
    Out.

JBL Day at the Dome-icile

Thanks to Grumpy and JBLAddict for showing up at the meet today. We had several AVS LA Home Theater Group attendees, so I was glad a couple of Heritage members made it.

In spite of dire predictions of rain, the day was sunny, but windy and cool. We had plenty of eats and lots of cool audio and video to digest, so, woo-hoo!

Now, if I can just figure out how to entice more JBL fans to show up.
    Out.

Got any frequent flier miles going unused? I could use a trip out west.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    Sir Dome, I cannot begin to tell you how tempted I am to book some flights.. What an incredible opportunity you are offering. I regret wholeheartedly that you aren't a couple thousand miles closer.
    Indeed!! I would love to be able to hear a variety of speaker/electronics/media/music combinations, especially when put together by people who share the interest and appreciation of great sounding music.

Tom, coming back here just for you After a second time around, this time with the 2600s powered by a fully functioning Synthesis amp (I believe, Doug correct me if wrong), the 2600s are FULLY redeemed. Doug broke me off from other system listening just to hear these, and I'm glad he did. They were absolutely fantastic with both channels fully driven. Killer balance top to bottom, rich deep bass, and sparkling highs that were absent last time. Like the other top end JBL horn systems I've heard, E2, K2, 4338, S4600, these fit right in.....

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    The S/2600 had a little tech difficulty from the amps, but nonetheless, their character was evident. They had a very smooth, mellow sound with a lot of "weight" but clearly lacking the fine detail of the other systems. I could easily spend a great deal of time listening to them, but the fact that they were horns was evident.\
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    It sounds like everyone had a great time. I am bit disappointed with the S/2600 reaction however. I LOVE these speakers. As I have mentioned, I personally feel they need a great high powered SS amp.

With mine, a MC402 does the trick. Someone, sometime, may actually try this. I would love to read impressions. Abeit, I do have a Tannoy ST for a tad bit of coverage on the HF, but damn.....

I don't think it won the awards for the JBL name but I may be wrong.
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Thanks, Sir Dome of Ti!

A teaser pic for those who missed it -
    (actually, I didn't take more pics...
    I set the camera down and just enjoyed the company, music,
    "mostly meat-free" comestibles, and the obligatory gunfight
    scene in the HT room ... Book of Eli this time)

Name:  _DSC1862_s.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  356.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Thanks, Sir Dome of Ti!

A teaser pic for those who missed it -
    (actually, I didn't take more pics...
    I set the camera down and just enjoyed the company, music,
    "mostly meat-free" comestibles, and the obligatory gunfight
    scene in the HT room ... Book of Eli this time)
    That was quite a little shooter, wasn't it? Impressive!

Thanks for bringing the beer.
    Out.

Tom, coming back here just for you After a second time around, this time with the 2600s powered by a fully functioning Synthesis amp (I believe, Doug correct me if wrong), the 2600s are FULLY redeemed. Doug broke me off from other system listening just to hear these, and I'm glad he did. They were absolutely fantastic with both channels fully driven. Killer balance top to bottom, rich deep bass, and sparkling highs that were absent last time. Like the other top end JBL horn systems I've heard, E2, K2, 4338, S4600, these fit right in.....
    Yes, now I feel I've done right by them. I felt really, really bad when the electronics let them down last time.
    Out.

That is great news. They are a rare speaker. I do not think too many people have had a chance to hear them. Shame JBL didn't market them in the USA.

Move to the East Coast ! I'm sure we would be lined up around the block.

Why are they always a 3000 mile trip.
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

With the winter you guys have had, that would be motivation enough for me to take a trip west. Snow, wind, freezing rain, frigid temps, YIKES!
    Out.

With the winter you guys have had, that would be motivation enough for me to take a trip west. Snow, wind, freezing rain, frigid temps, YIKES!

Man, isn't that the truth!

80sKid
    Doug,

I don't get around to visiting this forum much, but I like keeping an eye on the discussions. I especially like seeing what you post and what you are up to with your systems.

Your generosity in sharing your systems with other enthusiasts is admirable and much appreciated. I hope that I might be in your area some day and get to meet you and "Talk JBL" with you.

-Chris

Question Next? If?

If I ever get my butt in gear and Grumpy and I get the PT250s done sometime in June or July, I might try to get something together in August for a LH meet of some sort. I might let a couple of the AVS guys in just to fill the seats, but really would like to have some genuine LH participation.

If any of you outside of SoCal are planning a summer trip in or near LA, I could try to host something that might accommodate your schedule(s). Or I could just pick a date and you could lie to your families about finally taking that trip to Disney Land, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Lego Land, Seaworld, and Magic Mountain.

If I can, I'd want to invite a couple of special guests to honor them, perhaps even host a banquet at a nearby landmark as a fundraiser for LH.
    Out.

Thread Information