Hi all,

Have done some seach of the topic but decided still to add new thread for this "project", so please bear with me

I am using now Altec Valencia Iconics and most likely they are with 15" 416-16Z and 806A driver with 811 horn. The cabinet is 100% original with no proper reflex design having just the holes on the both sides of the horns.

Really like the sound of these with my current system with quite heavy vinyl source and Shindo electronics and have been playing with the idea of replacing the original enclosure with the Jean Hiragas 360l Onken design and some horn support structure. Based on the measurements this would give some more deep bass and also the quality aspect would be in good order. Perhaps to keep the overall balance later might try supertweeter or update the driver/horn to some bit more modern solution. But as have been checking the Hiragas plans am still bit puzzled with few questions so here it goes..

1. In my knowledge this Onken design does not require crossover changes to the original ones, but have someone investigated this further? I guess the old xo parts might be a bit of a bottleneck.
2. Anyone performed this operation or have listening experiences of the similar system?
3. Any other ideas or designs for thee drivers to check out before decisions?

Br,

Mika K