Hello,

Sorry for my english! I come from France and usually just speak French. But when you are a fan of altec system, you are obliged to do some improvement!

I try to build an A5 system based on Hiraga’s A5 system in the Nouvelle Revue du Son. To built them, I use the article coming from sound practices and written by John Stronczer, the boss of Bel Canto Design. I use a pair of 828 cabinets with two supravox 400 GNB for the bass and a pair of 288C and 805B for the high-medium. I have a problem concerning the crossover: in the article of John Stronczer, it is said that the original network (as shown in the article) is for 8 ohms drivers. http://web.archive.org/web/200502060.../HiragaA5.pdfI am really surprised because Hiraga in his system used Westrex 2080 drivers (identical as altec 288C) and a woofer westrex with electrovoice membrane. I suppose that these drivers were respectively given for 24 ohms and 16 ohms. Is it a mistake in the article? Jean Hiraga gave a recalculate crossover for 8 ohms? I don’t know if I can just use the schematic of the Xover as is or if it is necessary to recalculate.

Thanks for your help!
Olivier