Thread: Scott nears the half century

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scott nears the half century

Birthday greetings to SMKSoundPro in lovely Alaska. One more year before the big 5-0!

Scott, did you know that totem pole I have next to the K2s is from Alaska? I got it up there this summer. Darn! I didn't even think about catching up with you, though the ship did stop in Anchorage for a few hours. We took the tram up the side of the mountain.

Anyway, best wishes for a good year, and many more to come.

Out.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

I have been working all weekend running sound for the big Coronation Ball of the new Empress and Emperor of Alaska. Lisa and i took the rig out of the nightclub and trucked it next door to the Sheraton ballroom. All worked fine and the lighting and camera were really impressed with it. The owner of the lighting company kept caressing the cabinet corner protectors in a strange yet loving way. Its been a good birthday and am reall glad i found this forum! You are all a part of my family here in Anchorage, and I hope to meet and talk with more of you as time goes on.

A happy 49'er from the 49th State!

Scotty.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

from a 49er.

JBL 4645
    Scotty many more dance the day away and be happy for many more to come.

Happy Happy birthday Scott!
    Hope you and Lisa have a great time and many many more!

WooHoooooooo!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Happy birthday!!!!

Enjoy the day!!!!!
    I was 49 once!

Here are a couple of pics from the Coronation Ball on Sunday. The clone SR4733 and 4719 were a big hit. The decorating company put all of this stuff in front of them, as usual. The Yamaha F1040 crossovers from LH forumite Bart worked like a champ and I found that I liked the 3.1 much better than 4-way. All in all, it was a real pleasure to try this rig in a bigger room. Lisa and I talked at b-day dinner last night about changing out the 2445 phragms for the Radians I just received from David. (Your custom cables are next on my list to complete!)

Thanks all! You have no idea how much I respect all of you and for the advanced lessons you have taught me. I hope I can teach others as well.

Scotty.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

JBL 4645
    Scotty

Looks like you had a ball of fun jamming out there.

I couldn’t see the other images they where too dark, I guess you have lousy digital camera like my old one that is hopeless in shaded light conditions all the colours go completely the opposite direction, I bet that’s not the colour you saw, the orange hue.

I quickly copied image pasted it onto Word page and left double click to open a simple tool to adjust brightness and contrast and other visual vale settings. If I set the brightness any higher the image would get washed out.

You need a pc today to do D.J-ing more gear to lug around.

You pushing a few KW out? All have there own active crossover or is it passive crossover?

So was bop hanging around somewhere I, see a cowboys hat.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yes, these pics were taken with my little Nikon point and shoot, which I carry everyday. Battery was going down-hill fast and the flash was not keeping up, and I did not have the charger or spare battery with me.

I have the Yamaha FS1040 active 4-way crossovers at FOH, no internal xovers, except protection caps on the 2445 driver and the 2402 bullets.

I am ready to start building a show computer in a rack-mount case that is dedicated instead of taking my home tower. I had the karaoke rig installed with video monitors onstage.

This is the biggest show I do all year anymore. A real dog and pony show with dragqueens and entertainers. Its more about the music than live musicians. I still have a pretty good selection of singers though as it has turned into "american idol" basically.

I am also ready for a better digital SLR style of camera, as you can see by the pics.

I wish others would post pics of their JBL/crown sound rigs doing what they do best.

Thank you!

Scotty.

JBL 4645
    Come again baby did you say: dragqueens?

I’m sure the digital SLR will capture the stillness of life as you see it.

I think you can attach external flash units on the digital SLR to get a bright clear picture. More batteries to go though!

Wow all active that’s the way to it knocky baby.

What’s the SPL db level you aim for in moderately loud environment to rather loud environments where people are screaming and yelling?

I noticed one of the pictures has cable trailing along the ceiling is to prevent people tripping over the cable?

Well hope the new pc set-up rig pans out smoothly for you’re needs.

Thread Information