Thread: Using the search utility

Using the search utility

Hi

The search function has changed since the website layout was updated. If you entered L19 or L96, it would bring up posts & threads. Now nothing. Why ?
    Main: PC (optimised) ->U2 Sabre async-> Slagleformer-> Job 225-> L96-> SVS SB12NSD. Bedroom: Audio-GD NFB6-> LCR 6328P

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph856 View Post
    Hi

The search function has changed since the website layout was updated. If you entered L19 or L96, it would bring up posts & threads. Now nothing. Why ?
    I've had poor results with the native search lately, too, so...weird as it seems...I've had MUCH better results using Google...going to advanced and search within the site

http://www.audioheritage.org

advanced search is here..

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

and the results show the post, not entire thread.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I've had poor results with the native search lately, too, so...weird as it seems...I've had MUCH better results using Google...going to advanced and search within the site

Thanks for the tip.

The fact that L19 and L96 don't produce any results anymore, is that because it now has to be over 3 characters long? ie searching L112 gives results. That's the only reason I can think of.

If you cannot search properly, then you are more likely to start a thread (unnecessarily)
    Main: PC (optimised) ->U2 Sabre async-> Slagleformer-> Job 225-> L96-> SVS SB12NSD. Bedroom: Audio-GD NFB6-> LCR 6328P

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph856 View Post
    The fact that L19 and L96 don't produce any results anymore, is that because it now has to be over 3 characters long? ie searching L112 gives results. That's the only reason I can think of.
    The old site wouldn't do two-character searches, either. L7, etc., didn't exist. L-7 worked but obviously didn't catch all references. Google Advanced search gets everything!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Ok gotcha, so it's now 3 characters instead of 2.

L-19 just threw up zilch (not the person).

Maybe there should be a sticky advising to use google search? (or do most people already know to use it?)

Thread Information