Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay & PayPal

Ebay & PayPal

Just have to Vent! Sold some speakers on ebay with a toal w/shipping about $2K. Didn't want to sell them but needed cash for the next project. Winner after many, many pleas to pay or let me know to move on finaly PayPals the cash. After many documented Emails to get a contact number for shipping (Number Ebay provided for him has a full mailbox) He sends me an Email with another number. Shipper gets it contacts him on the 12th and comes by my place on the 18th an picks up. The company guarantees to have to him by the 30th in New Jersey. All correspondences are documented. I go to leave him feedback and He's no longer a member. Now his second phone number mailbox is full. I then see an alert to go the resolution center on Ebay and he's stating I've never contacted him and he wants his money back. PayPal shows -$2k balance on my account and now I'm going through a "Resolution process" on PayPal. Of course there is no live body to talk to at PayPal. I've got an item (B380) on Ebay now! I may have to stop that auction. So anybody have any experience with this crap? Even though I've done everything correct If this guy has buyers remorse and paid with a credit card and can't afford it am I screwed?

As long as everything is documented you get a full refund regardless if he is no longer a member or if he trys to do a charge back with his card. I have been through a similar deal and received a full refund. You should be able to get confirmation on this with a Pay Pal Rep.

Sorry to see this. Good luck in getting a peaceful and "sound" resolution!

Scotty.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    Of course there is no live body to talk to at PayPal.
    PayPal Customer Service:

1-888-221-1161
    (a U.S. telephone number)

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday
    6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday
    Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays

all the phone numbers at Paypal.
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/PayPalPhoneNumbers.shtml

PayPal had to be sued in 2003 just to have them put their telephone number in a place where most persons could find it. It's 2010, and its harder than ever to get in touch with PayPal.

eBay Phone Numbers in no particular order:

1-866-322-9103 Support for eBay Stores
    1-866-304-3229 Seller OnRamp training
    1-800-322-9266 eBay Customer Support
    1-888-749-3229
    1-801-619-2400
    1-408-558-7400
    1-877-329-3229
    1-877-438-3229
    1-408-376-7425.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Outstanding! Thanks for the phone numbers Seawolf97!

Sellers remorse

I will no longer sell anything on ebay. The new shift in policy at ebay that took place earlier this year was the last straw. I know a guy with an ebay "store" who has had the same thing happen. He got beat both times AND got bad feedback to boot! The scammer got the goods AND the money both times! He's getting his own web site running to sell his stuff on and leaving ebay as soon as he can.
    It's Craig's List from now on! Much less hassle to the seller.
    Buying still seems OK though.
    That's the end of my rant!
    Guy in WNY

Just have to Vent! Sold some speakers on ebay with a toal w/shipping about $2K. Didn't want to sell them but needed cash for the next project. Winner after many, many pleas to pay or let me know to move on finaly PayPals the cash. After many documented Emails to get a contact number for shipping (Number Ebay provided for him has a full mailbox) He sends me an Email with another number. Shipper gets it contacts him on the 12th and comes by my place on the 18th an picks up. The company guarantees to have to him by the 30th in New Jersey. All correspondences are documented. I go to leave him feedback and He's no longer a member. Now his second phone number mailbox is full. I then see an alert to go the resolution center on Ebay and he's stating I've never contacted him and he wants his money back. PayPal shows -$2k balance on my account and now I'm going through a "Resolution process" on PayPal. Of course there is no live body to talk to at PayPal. I've got an item (B380) on Ebay now! I may have to stop that auction. So anybody have any experience with this crap? Even though I've done everything correct If this guy has buyers remorse and paid with a credit card and can't afford it am I screwed?

The only way he gets his money back is to prove to PayPal that he returned the items to you. If the claim is over $250 he MUST provide them with signature confirmation that you got the items back. Been here done this, and beat the hell out of 2 potential scammers!

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimman View Post
    The only way he gets his money back is to prove to PayPal that he returned the items to you. If the claim is over $250 he MUST provide them with signature confirmation that you got the items back. Been here done this, and beat the hell out of 2 potential scammers!
    Rtrimman in my situation he refuses to answer his phone!! The Shipper is a trucking company. I have proof that it was shipped. Everyday the shipper Emails me that his phone voice mail is full. I have a feeling I'm gonna getted screwed on this deal. The Westlakes were beyond UPS or Fed Ex's ability. I really didn't want to sell them. Now it looks like I have paid for an East Coast Walkabout!

Heather in my situation he refuses to answer his phone!! The Shipper is a trucking company. I have proof that it was shipped. Everyday the shipper Emails me that his phone voice mail is full. I have a feeling I'm gonna getted screwed on this deal. The Westlakes were beyond UPS or Fed Ex's ability. I really didn't want to sell them. Now it looks like I have paid for an East Coast Walkabout!
    It does not matter who answers a phone where. If you have proof you shipped the item and he received it you are covered. If he files a claim and says he's not happy or they aren't as described then he's on the hook to send them back and prove you got them. PayPal automatically puts a hold on funds in your account until all the smoke clears. Sounds like you have a negative balance as a result of this correct? If that's the case you will NOT be able to use that account unless you add the negative balance to it---DON'T--- use another email address and open another account if you have to until this is resolved.

Well after an hour on the phone waiting for a live body PayPal says even if it was shipped if buyer refuses I'm toast. I just tried to pay for some purchases on Ebay and it appears I can't complete them till I pay the amount in dispute. I then asked her what if I refuse to reimburse till my speakers come, she said "I'm not an authority but they will go to your backup" which is my bank account. Beware Folks, if your a Buyer it's all good. If your a seller on a High ticket Item don't use PayPal!

Well after an hour on the phone waiting for a live body PayPal says even if it was shipped if buyer refuses I'm toast. I just tried to pay for some purchases on Ebay and it appears I can't complete them till I pay the amount in dispute. I then asked her what if I refuse to reimburse till my speakers come, she said "I'm not an authority but they will go to your backup" which is my bank account. Beware Folks, if your a Buyer it's all good. If your a seller on a High ticket Item don't use PayPal!

If you don't use PayPal, you don't sell on Ebay, unless you want to start paying credit card fees and processing them yourself!

The last time I had to use the resolution center I had to get a pin number that was good for 1 hour or something like that.When I use Paypal I always transfer the funds to my bank account ASAP.If you got the $2K in your pocket, I would leave it there until merchandise arrives back in your possession.They can't make you refund the money before return confirmation of shipping.Once they have a confirmation that the goods were returned then they can proceed with refunding of payment.

But listen to this I once made a payment with Paypal for $200 and they took 2 payments for a total of $400 and told me to get my money back myself I don't trust them one Freaking bit.My bank even told me to get rid of them from my account and even close that account and open a new one I've had several issues with them.

As has been noted. Buyers are fine, sellers have more of a problem I think, they are trying to deter scammers as much as possible (Except when they are Buyers)
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrimman View Post
    If you don't use PayPal, you don't sell on Ebay, unless you want to start paying credit card fees and processing them yourself!
    FWIW
    i know some folks who encourage use of US Postal Money Orders....

seems to work OK for them, but I did notice even them taking paypal payments on more items lately....

I then asked her what if I refuse to reimburse till my speakers come, she said "I'm not an authority but they will go to your backup" which is my bank account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    When I use Paypal I always transfer the funds to my bank account ASAP.
    Your money is not safe in your bank account if that account is linked to your PayPal account. I keep a bank account solely for PayPal. I never leave more than $100 in it. As soon as PayPal has transferred funds into my bank account, I immediately transfer them to another bank account that PayPal has no rights to. I have had PayPal try to pull money out of my bank account due to the errors of others... they are much quicker to resolve it when there is no easy way for them to simply pull a couple of grand out of your bank.

Widget

Widget I had not considered the possibility of Paypal yanking money out of a linked checking account. The way they operate though, I wouldn't put it past them. I routinely transfer money out of my Paypal account ASAP as I consider it unsafe to leave it in there. I have heard too many stories of Paypal returning funds to scam buyers, leaving the seller with no goods and no money. Paypal once froze my account after reversing a large withdrawal, without even sending me an email detailing their actions, though they claim they had done so.

Basically, what we have with ebay / Paypal is a tyrannical monopoly. They seem to hate sellers (their customers!), as all recently policy changes are hostile to sellers. These include fee hikes, the %$#@!* non-defeatable shipping calculator, virtual insistence on Paypal settlement, and the inability of sellers to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. All buyers now look like angels with 100% positive feedback, regardless of their records of slow pay/no pay/various devious behaviors.

Thread Information