Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: l250 or 250ti and low/moderate volume

Tubes provide uniform "warm" distortion at all volumes. So if you want consistent output, it's a sure way to get it. Some people prefer this sound, and it's futile to oppose it. Everyone has the option to appreciate what pleases them.

I've tried it, heard it, and decided it's not something I appreciate as much as others, but I really like to go to a tuber's home and bathe in the fervent passion of the tube-o-phile's devotion. It's hard (impossible) not to be seduced in the moment. It just sounds very nice!

Nonetheless, when I get home, I'm back in SS heaven, with my tubes gathering dust, unused on the shelf.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Tubes provide uniform "warm" distortion at all volumes. So if you want consistent output, it's a sure way to get it. Some people prefer this sound, and it's futile to oppose it. Everyone has the option to appreciate what pleases them.

I've tried it, heard it, and decided it's not something I appreciate as much as others, but I really like to go to a tuber's home and bathe in the fervent passion of the tube-o-phile's devotion. It's hard (impossible) not to be seduced in the moment. It just sounds very nice!

Nonetheless, when I get home, I'm back in SS heaven, with my tubes gathering dust, unused on the shelf.
    I too enjoy SS sound. Alot oppose it, but I find it to have an enjoyable sound. I enjoy my SS mc7300 amplifier on a nice set of altecs. After a while, I switch back to tube...then back SS... back and forth it seems. But that is what makes this hobby fun, always trying to get that sound

I listen to my 250Ti's at low to medium mostly.

They have that characteristic that only big speakers can of just coasting along. They still have good scale and weight to the sound at low volumes because of that wonderful bass. Nothing against the 120Ti's, but I have played both side by side at low volumes and the 120Ti's don't do that as well..

Thread Information