Since the thread this was posted in got moved to a far away off-topic forum, I will repost here.
When I think about it, maybe I was off topic in the first place

My experience with cones made in Mexico
I have to recone a batch of 1400PRO woofers and I had to wait a few months for the cone kits, as they were out of stock.
There was one left apparently that I received two months ago, and yesterday I received three more.
Now those 3 are made in Mexico and to the best of my knowledge I see no difference.
They look the same, cone, coil, former, replacement connectors, DCR, everything.
Only the box, packaging and thinks like stickers and markings are slightly different.

Oh, yes, one major difference was in the building process. The US cone I received had the cat's wiskers attached to the connector and I had to solder them on the cone, while the Mexican cone had the wiskers attached to the cone already.
The latter I prefer, however for this particular frame the connector is hard to reach when mounted and it gets tricky to solder. The US unit was easier to build, but I had to apply glue on the cone connections, wich didn't look as good as when they are done at the factory.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eaulive...7624477511093/

I suspect these cones will sound the same and last as long as the US made cones, I don't see why not.

The customer will tell me.