Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1400PRO cone kits made in Mexico

Well Scotty, a lot of the "Norwegian heritage" is gone, and many are now produced in other countries. Why? ... because the cost of producing them is to high in Norway. I do not want to go into the political aspect of this, but the problem lies there. Soon the only thing that will be produced in Norway is oil, electric power and salmon fish. When the oil run out ... well ... ?

I do not know if this is the reason for Harman/JBL to shut down production in the US is the same as here, but I bet it is some of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    How do you just ask so simply, "WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS"?

Rolf, what industries do you have in Norway that is also part of Norwegian HERITAGE? And if they were to be MOVED out of Norway, besides your fellow countrymen being out out of jobs, how would you feel about products that are supposed to be YOUR HERITAGE being made elsewhere? And the money that used to support your countryman's families, now supporting a family in a country far away from your homeland?

What does an entire nation do, lets say 20 years down the road, when WE don't have anymore manufacturing, and entire local and national economies go kaput, because there just aren't any jobs to have?

Not to mention that we had a huge sense of pride in companies like JBL, and Crown, and they were made here in the UNITED STATES and were the BEST of the BEST! And now, how many products made in other countries by these so called legendary companies, by labor that really doesn't as of yet, know what they are really doing, and the products purchased fall so far short of what is promised or are so troublesome, and hard to get fixed? IF AT ALL!

About your last statement, I don't think we have to worry. If something is demanded, they will be produced... somewhere! NOT NECESSARILY so! Rolf REMEMBER when JBL discontinued production of their tweeters? The 2402, the 2404, and the 2405? MANY applications still use and want tweeters! All kinds of applications too, Nightclubs systems, consumer systems, and when JBL stopped making their tweeters, sure other companies stepped up production of their ring radiator units, like BEYMA, but you have to WANT to use the BEYMA tweeters, and decide that they sound as you want them too. BUT if one wants JBL tweeters, well, there are really no new JBL tweeters to buy! The funny thing about tweeters is there are many other companies making tweeters today, just not JBL, so IF NEW JBL tweeters are what YOUR demanding, NO they will NOT be produced!

I thought that Norway's oil harvest in the North Sea has caused the coffers of the government to swell to amounts equal to $60 million USD for each and every Norway citizen? The consequence of this is that if Norway no longer manufactures much, it citizens will not likely suffer. Good for Norway.

Unfortunatly for the USA, our government and elected officials have sqaundered our wealth, and wealth creation and capatilism is taking a back seat to reackless spending and taxation, and sever deficits that will impact us for many decades. Our middle class have no manfacturing base here in the US as it has moved off-shore.

The USA is in sever decline now and it will not recover in my lifetime. Given our history, that is very tragic.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    The USA is in sever decline now and it will not recover in my lifetime. Given our history, that is very tragic.
    Dude... I really don't think anyone cares...

Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    Unfortunatly for the USA, our government and elected officials have sqaundered our wealth, and wealth creation and capatilism is taking a back seat to reackless spending and taxation, and sever deficits that will impact us for many decades.

"Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel, please. Actually . . . several."
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    "Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel, please. Actually . . . several."

ah, most folks just fill them in 'automatically' anyway....

why not save the capital?

The 7 cones from Mexico and the cone from the US compares very well, I ran a basic sweep on my desk to compare them and they are identical, however I had one woofer with an original cone that I measure also, I kept the best of the 8 so I can compare.

The woofers were not burned or damaged other than the dust caps that were completely desintegrated due to a long storage in a humid place. My customer wanted new kits complete, not just the dust caps.

Here's a sweep between old (red) and new (blue):

Don't mind the dips and peaks, this was on my work bench with the Earthworks mic hanging 8" above the woofer facing up, with a spacer under it to clear the vents.
    Not at all a reference, but the two readings were taken a few seconds apart in exactly the same conditions so I trust it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eaulive...7624477511093/

This is the 7 fresh recones overlapped:

Those are the seven recones overlapped.
    They are exactly the same, save for the response above around 1.8kHz where the environment of the bench can cause all sorts of strange reflections if the driver is not exactly at the same exact place than the precedent.
    I don't really care because the 4894 is crossed over at 1kHz anyways.

My avatar: 4520 loaded with 2225H on E140 frames,
    1x 2202H on custom front loaded horn, 2x 2426 on 2370.

Thread Information