Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough Already

Enough Already

Hello All

I can't help but notice the amount of negativity on this forum. It has gotten to the point that it is simply not fun to come here. We can't cure the ills of the world, fix the political system in our country or get the factory workers their jobs back by discussing it here. This is supposed to be an audio enthusiast forum to celebrate the Heritage that
    James B Lansing started all those years ago. Why don't we try to stay on topic, the real topic of this forum. It seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the way.

Thanks Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

That seems to be a rather negative outlook...

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    I can't help but notice the amount of negativity on this forum. It has gotten to the point that it is simply not fun to come here. We can't cure the ills of the world, fix the political system in our country or get the factory workers their jobs back by discussing it here. This is supposed to be an audio enthusiast forum to celebrate the Heritage that
    James B Lansing started all those years ago. Why don't we try to stay on topic, the real topic of this forum. It seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the way.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello All

Thanks Rob
    Good for you - I know I sure enjoy listening to my various speakers - and am VERY glad James B started the whole business that they came from!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I pledge to be less grumpacious.

Note that it is a simple thing to get a Twitter or Facebook account for those with an inner
    need to spew off-topic... and there -is- that off-topic sub-forum if one finds an empty place inside
    between issues of Cat Fancy.

I'm sure I've missed more than one interesting thread due to the interlaced detritus.

Hang by the neck until we cheer up?

Obsolete
    I can't help but notice the amount of negativity on this forum. It has gotten to the point that it is simply not fun to come here.
    Oftentimes wakes end up lacking in the fun factor...
    Note that it is a simple thing to get a Twitter or Facebook account for those with an inner need to spew off-topic...
    Dude... those sites are epic fails...
    Hang by the neck until we cheer up?
    That would be hanging the wrong people...

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    ..Dude... those sites are epic fails...
    Heh, yeah good digs for a scatologist...
    Sort of the point.
    Epic fail? What are you, twelve?
    Context: That's been the non-stop phrase
    of the last few months at my house...

Sometimes the kids know how to say it.

I sure thought we knew how to say it when we were young.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Heh, yeah good digs for a scatologist...
    Sort of the point.
    Context: That's been the non-stop phrase
    of the last few months at my house...
    Out.

Rob

Thanks for bringing this forward.

BMWCCA

Thanks for winking.
    Out.

+1

(I still crack up at "rickroll" and "asshat")

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I can assure you that—at least at my house—the phrase is used to age fifteen . . . if not longer. I'll report back.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Epic Fail

Oh crap up to at least 17 here

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Obsolete

It isn't just for wipes in WoW anymore...

My wife says eight. I'll split the difference with the both of you and go with ten.
    Epic Fail

Oh crap up to at least 17 here
    It's become an industry term to describe manufacturing in America... I hear it alot at work these days (Fortune 50 Corporation - We've fired thousands and moved the plants to Mexico and China). Rumor has it that Bangladesh is the latest rage. They're "stealing" jobs from China now that Chinese workers are starting to request actual living wages.

What we really need to come up with is mobile factories that we can simply pick up and move at will to the latest and greatest area where people are still willing to work only for their next meal.

Globalize Labor
    The ITUC represents 176 million workers in 156 countries and territories and has 312 national affiliates.

Whaaat?!?

What we really need to come up with is mobile factories that we can simply pick up and move at will to the latest and greatest area where people are still willing to work only for their next meal. [QUOTE][QUOTE]

You're never going to get any where in THIS world thinking like that! You need to think lower! Certainly there must still be somewhere on this earth people willing to perform slave labor simply for the CHANCE to stare at a shiny object!
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I usually only post to "audio" related threads....

But I took exception and posted to this one.

I also remember the good old days of this forum when audio was the only thing discussed.

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

ROFL @ 12 posts to go completely off topic.

To OP, I couldn't agree more. I just can't stand the pontification, stupid Cat posts, and endless lame photoshop pics that seem to constitute the majority of posts here lately. That's why I tend to hang out much more on another forum where's it's "All Audio, No Attitude." So much more enjoyable for all the reasons many of us gravitate to these forums.

I've said it before and will say it again. LHF tends to be rife with sour-puss cronies and a certain clique' that perpetuates a foul attitude at times that is off-putting to many.

Thread Information