Thread: 4320 on Australian ebay

4320 on Australian ebay

There are 2 pairs currently for sale on Australian ebay. Both pairs are located too far away to consider an inspection before bidding.

Similar pricing to recently advertised 4320s

Both listings indicate speakers belonged to the ABC, and may have been used as studio monitors.

My main question is the woofers appear to have very different surrounds. One even appears to not be circular (optical illusion).? From information on this forum original surrounds were possibly a lensaloy? material, so these are probably not original.

Any thoughts?

Original driver would be the 2215, with the pleated cloth surround. I bought a pair of 4320s near Philadephia a few years and near as I can tell a previous owner had the surrounds replaced with the foam type surrounds
    (see middle right side image and description below)
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...pro/page07.jpg

If the ones you are looking at have been redone, depending on the quality of the work, it might be out of round or off center or ... most anything!

I wound up swapping the woofers for the newer 2235 model, and turning mine into 3-way speakers by adding a 2405 super tweeter, and building a pair of 4333 style crossovers for them.

The real trick is how much do you want to work with them? The market there is different than the US market, even the Eastern US market ...

Quote Originally Posted by volero View Post
    There are 2 pairs currently for sale on Australian ebay. Both pairs are located too far away to consider an inspection before bidding.

Similar pricing to recently advertised 4320s

Both listings indicate speakers belonged to the ABC, and may have been used as studio monitors.

My main question is the woofers appear to have very different surrounds. One even appears to not be circular (optical illusion).? From information on this forum original surrounds were possibly a lensaloy? material, so these are probably not original.

Any thoughts?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Heather

Thankyou for the reply. Have enjoyed reading your posts.

Not sure where to begin a JBL journey, the 4320 regularly appear for sale in Australia, and are highly recommended as a good place to start.

Is there a link to a schematic of the 4333 style crossover you used. This forum is new to me and I tend to get sidetracked when searching for information. Recently discovered Franksteins Monitors, a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by volero View Post
    Thankyou for the reply. Have enjoyed reading your posts.

Not sure where to begin a JBL journey, the 4320 regularly appear for sale in Australia, and are highly recommended as a good place to start.

Is there a link to a schematic of the 4333 style crossover you used. This forum is new to me and I tend to get sidetracked when searching for information. Recently discovered Franksteins Monitors, a great read.
    The posts here shows my old 4320 and the 3133 equivalent circuit I built (with a link to 4313's original circuit design post)
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post105770

and the link to 4313's circuit -

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...=1042#post1042

My 4320s?
    I created a DIY 4-way with them, felt I wasn't quite getting the sound right, and wound up getting a pair of 4341s (factory 4-ways) to replace them. Then I ran across a pair of L-200 cabinets cheap, and eventually moved a 3 way version of the 4320 drivers and crossovers into those cabinets. I still have them in the living room running on a Carver receiver!
    BMWCCA now has the empty 4320 cabinets!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Heather

Great, thanks again.

Thread Information