Thread: l96s

l96s

whats a decent set of l96s worth. i have l150as, l112s and if i recall these are the babys of the bunch. they look like smaller versions of the above. thanx brad

Frankly I think they should be worth as much as the L112, but they seem to bring a bit less. Maybe $250/pair. The L96 has a better balanced sound but less mid-bass punch than the L112, is more suitable to a smaller room and ideal for use with a sub. But with enough power they will deliver plenty of bass. In a smaller room I prefer the L96, but will go with the L112 for lower listening levels just for the extra thump. But in some ways, the L96 has a more "accurate" sound than the L112. The L86 is actually the "baby", and should also not be underestimated.

I've seen nice pairs bring more than $400, and they're probably worth it. Around here though a nice pair recently languished at $300 and I was able to scarf them up locally for even less, with factory re-cones. It's one JBL I can always turn to with confidence in any situation and with any music. Easy to listen to. Sort of an L5 in a smaller package.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...6-for-sale-300

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...alues&p=274938
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I would side on the $400+ side, if no work is needed... less than that would encourage
    parting out a very capable system. If -I- had to pick a system to sell between my L150A, L112,
    and L96's, the L112's would go first, as they do seem to bring more and I listen to them the
    least... just personal preference... (in fact, anyone close interested in L112's? I should
    probably thin the herd )

Thread Information