+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: JBL 1400 Array - Top ten?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Coast of Maine
    Posts
    468

    JBL 1400 Array - Top ten?

    Thoughts on this? They are great but don't 'ya think the K2 or Everest should be in here rather than the 1400's?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,357
    Wasn't he in those Police Academy movies?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Coast of Maine
    Posts
    468
    I actually thought it was 3 men & a baby?

  4. #4
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    DC 'burbs
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    I actually thought it was 3 men & a baby?
    nah, he piloted the boat in Cocoon ... and is managed by the Stone Cutters (simpsons joke)
    2ch - Oppo981, JoLida502, JBL L200+, KEF 105.4
    HT7- XDA-2, BDP93, 4b NRB, B&K 5ch amp, Vandy 3A, 2Ce, VCC1, TF600 & JBL 4641

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    1,091
    I've not heard of most of the manufacturors in this article. The prices of these systems are mad.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Coast of Maine
    Posts
    468
    I have heard of all except the first two, for what that is worth...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    That scan make me have hope

    that the array 1400s are vintage already.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Coast of Maine
    Posts
    468
    A personal clarification after reading my last post on this thread. I have only heard of the manufacturer's-NOT the speakers, although I have heard B&W 803D. I am sorry for that mistake.

    Nonetheless, I am curious about the 'vintage' statement. How do you get to that conclusion?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,887
    He probably should make it clear it's the top ten that he knows about. Obviously he hasn't heard Everest DD66000 or K2 S9900.
    In.

  10. #10
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    He probably should make it clear it's the top ten that he knows about. Obviously he hasn't heard Everest DD66000 or K2 S9900.
    On the one hand, it is simply one person's opinion... and as you point out, limited to his experience. That said, it is nice to see JBL on anyone's short list... a few years ago that certainly never happened.


    Widget

  11. #11
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Destiny
    Posts
    7,506
    That said, it is nice to see JBL on anyone's short list... a few years ago that certainly never happened.
    They were on mine

    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

  12. #12
    Senior Member JBLAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lower Cali
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    That said, it is nice to see JBL on anyone's short list... a few years ago that certainly never happened.
    This should be the biggest take away for anyone on this forum. To list only ten and JBL get in the running, regardless of it being one man's opinion (OMO), is a HUGE leap forward for JBL in terms of "auidophile" recognition. The string of recent 1400 reviews have no doubt contributed to that, in my opinion (IMO)
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

  13. #13
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,444
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    To list only ten and JBL get in the running, regardless of it being one man's opinion (OMO), is a HUGE leap forward for JBL in terms of "audiophile" recognition.
    "Return with me now to those thrilling days of yesteryear."

    Hi-yo Silver!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

  14. #14
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    This should be the biggest take away for anyone on this forum. To list only ten and JBL get in the running, regardless of it being one man's opinion (OMO), is a HUGE leap forward for JBL in terms of "auidophile" recognition. The string of recent 1400 reviews have no doubt contributed to that, in my opinion (IMO)
    And at the risk of making another shameless plug, we will be showcasing both the Everests and the 1400 Arrays at the next Audiophile Show later this month. I look forward seeing the expressions on the faces of the unsuspecting audiophiles when they hear just how good a well designed horn can sound.

    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...st-II-Audition


    Widget

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,887
    Sure hope I can make it. It's a real bargain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    And at the risk of making another shameless plug, we will be showcasing both the Everests and the 1400 Arrays at the next Audiophile Show later this month. I look forward seeing the expressions on the faces of the unsuspecting audiophiles when they hear just how good a well designed horn can sound.

    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...st-II-Audition


    Widget
    In.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. DIY 1400 Array types
    By cooky1257 in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 05:25 AM
  2. Array 1400
    By tom1040 in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
  3. 1400 Array
    By Techbot in forum System Information
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts