Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closest speaker to JBL 2105 but not as deep.

Closest speaker to JBL 2105 but not as deep.

I have a system that uses two JBL 2105 in the mains. I need a center speaker that sounds the same but is less than 2 inches deep. Any suggestions?

Is it the JBL 2105H that I am looking for? The speakers depth is 1.75" vs. 3.12.

Or can I just take the back off the 2105?

If you are currently using 2105's with the big back cup, that cup is the pot for the magnet and cannot be removed. The best substitute in a more shallow profile is indeed the 2105H. Keep in mind that although neither driver is magnetically shielded, the design of the original 2105 leaves a very weak stray magnetic field, while the 2105H causes much more interference. Make sure you don't need a shielded driver with your video monitor.
    good luck!

Thanks

I have been looking for a 2105H for two months now and haven't seen anything. I thought I read that the LE5-5 is very similar or LE-9. I have looked at the charts but still can't figure out which LE-5 is similar to the 2105H. Maybe none of them are and I just have to keep looking?

Edgewound copper ribbon voice coil

In the LE5 series the LE5-odd have edgewound copper voice coils, and the LE5-even have round wire voice coils. The 2105 and 2105H both have edgewound coils, so if you want to try a later one in the series, one with edgewound wire would probably be the closest match. The LE5-5's are fairly common on ebay since they are a by product of parting out L65's for their 077's.

LE5 Matrix

Here's the URL for the LE5-matrix:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...The-LE5-Matrix

The LE5-9 is the one for the 2105. I built 3 L212s that use the LE5-9. As I could not find any at the time I used the 2105 instead.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by mtchyz250f View Post
    I have been looking for a 2105H for two months now and haven't seen anything. I thought I read that the LE5-5 is very similar or LE-9. I have looked at the charts but still can't figure out which LE-5 is similar to the 2105H. Maybe none of them are and I just have to keep looking?
    Not sure if you are still looking. I guess I missed this thread.

I have a friend with a NOS pair of 2105Hs... he opened the boxes when he first ordered them, but he never used them. He would like to find a good home for them. I have no idea what he paid or is expecting, but I'd be happy to put you in contact with him if you are still looking.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I have a friend with a NOS pair of 2105Hs... he opened the boxes when he first ordered them, but he never used them. He would like to find a good home for them. I have no idea what he paid or is expecting, but I'd be happy to put you in contact with him if you are still looking.

Widget
    if mtchyz250f isn't still looking for please note i'll be very happy to get this pair of 2105H... Please let me know, THX

Sorry I have been away so long. I purchased a 2105-H (I think) from 'Sonic Circus' on ebay. But I can not find any clear markings that it is a 2105H! From the front they look just like the speakers Mr. Widget has shown. On the back it has no markings. The cone is marked '57077-1'. I think it is a '1', can't really be sure because of 'old eyes syndrome' (OES). The cone does look original, although I am as far from an expert as is possible. The connectors are blade type.

ratitifb please take those 'Mr. Widget' has shown, I only have a need for one and don't want to break up a good pair.

It is such a pleasure to be part of this forum, most everyone is so mature. I belong to an Acura RSX forum, the average age on that forum is 21. Asking a question on that forum is interesting to say the least.

Mitch

ratitifb please take those 'Mr. Widget' has shown, I only have a need for one and don't want to break up a good pair.
    Thanks Mitch

and many thanks to Mr. Widget who put me in contact with his friend David

So can anyone identify that cone # '57077-1' is the correct cone number for a 2105h?

Cool ould Be

So can anyone identify that cone # '57077-1' is the correct cone number for a 2105h?
    I found that number on one of my LE5-10's, so it's probably a JBL speaker that you have. I'm not sure about your 2105H, but a lot of the consumer type components did NOT have more than a painted number stamped on them when new, sometimes very faintly, so it's not unusual that it is missing/illegible now.
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

thanks

Thread Information