Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL 476be/435be

JBL 476be/435be

Can someone tell me how much pair of JBL 476be and 435be cost.
    I am going to replace my JBL 2435hpl drivers for Be drivers.

regards
    Ari

Ari,
    The 2435hpl already uses a Be diaphragm. 2431 is the same driver with an aluminum diaphragm. 435be is a 2435 with the Be diaphragm coated with aquaplas and a different back cover. 476 is the 4" diaphragm version. I would pursue finding a LH member who can aquaplas your existing diaphragm. 435be's show up on ebay periodically used, selling for around $700/pr, but with questionable heritage. I don't remember seeing a legit pair sell. JBL no longer sells parts directly, so it's going to be really tough to find a pair of 476's, but I'd guess $5k might get you a pair from some collector in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    Ari,
    The 2435hpl already uses a Be diaphragm. 2431 is the same driver with an aluminum diaphragm. 435be is a 2435 with the Be diaphragm coated with aquaplas and a different back cover. 476 is the 4" diaphragm version. I would pursue finding a LH member who can aquaplas your existing diaphragm. 435be's show up on ebay periodically used, selling for around $700/pr, but with questionable heritage. I don't remember seeing a legit pair sell. JBL no longer sells parts directly, so it's going to be really tough to find a pair of 476's, but I'd guess $5k might get you a pair from some collector in Japan.

Sorry I forgot to put aquaplas in my note. I put offer on a pair of JBL 435AL on ebay in last month, but I did not vin. I thik the price end in $630 for the pair.
    I was going to buy them an put be aquaplas diaphragm in them.
    I live in Iceland, but I think at I can buy those drivers like parts from JBL audio service here in Iceland. I ask them about the price of JBL 435be diaphragm and a pair cost around $1600.

I think at I am the only member from Iceland on the forum

thanks
    Ari

Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    . . . I think at I am the only member from Iceland on the forum
    thanks
    Ari
    Well, that would mean about the same proportion of the population there as here are members. A couple of members have applied aquaplas to these diapragms in the past. You might be able to find them by reading old threads. OR, perhaps they will chime in here, but remember, July 4th is a national holiday here, and although these forums are at times a place to see fireworks, today most Americans, even including our members, are probably looking to see them in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    A couple of members have applied aquaplas to these diapragms in the past. .
    Like on a record turntable platter. (if you can find one!)

I watched Rich (in the UK) do this. I think he applied two coats.

Aquaplas !

Thanks Ian,

the trick is not to over do it !2 coats is correct. The first coat is just enough to cover the diaphram evenly , the second coat should be just enough to cover any area of diaphram not covered by the first. Thin and even , we practiced on the base of a coke can . I have seen some here that have been too thickly applied . 1 db not 10 db damping is what your after !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    Can someone tell me how much pair of JBL 476be and 435be cost.
    The 435Be are ~ $1,800 a pair and the 476Be are ~ $6,000 a pair. The 435Be are available from Harman Consumer Group and the 476Be are available from Crown (with an Everest II serial number, therefore essentially unobtainable).

Technically the 435Be is no longer used in any current production system.

Arguably you would do better to simply put some Truextent Be diaphragms in some newer JBL 4-inch compression drivers and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    The 435Be are ~ $1,800 a pair and the 476Be are ~ $6,000 a pair. The 435Be are available from Harman Consumer Group and the 476Be are available from Crown (with an Everest II serial number, therefore essentially unobtainable).

Arguably you would do better to simply put some Truextent Be diaphragms in some newer JBL 4-inch compression drivers and call it done.

Can I get Be aquaplas diaphragm for JBL 2450SL or 2451SL drivers!
    I think they have 82,5mm bolt circle like JBL 2435hpl. how much does this drivers cost?
    did you sell the pair of JBL 476Be drivers you have for sale for few month ago?

Thanks
    Ari

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post

Can I get Be aquaplas diaphragm for JBL 2450SL or 2451SL drivers!
    I think they have 82,5mm bolt circle like JBL 2435hpl. how much does this drivers cost?
    did you sell the pair of JBL 476Be drivers you have for sale for few month ago?

Thanks
    Ari

A quick search will show that the 2450 and 2451 drivers are 4" (100mm) diaphragm drivers and have no parts interchangeable with a 2435HPL. They only used Titanium diaphragms, which were aquaplassed in the SL versions. You can get the TruExtent aftermarket Be diaphragms for them, but they are not aquaplassed.

If you are still pursuing your 2435HPL's, there are no other diaphragms available that I know of. Only JBL, Aluminum or Be, but the Be is not aquaplassed. I don't know any way to get the aquaplassed Be diaphragm of a 435Be - I don't think they serviced them, so the parts were never made available.

A quick search will show that the 2450 and 2451 drivers are 4" (100mm) diaphragm drivers and have no parts interchangeable with a 2435HPL. They only used Titanium diaphragms, which were aquaplassed in the SL versions. You can get the TruExtent aftermarket Be diaphragms for them, but they are not aquaplassed.

If you are still pursuing your 2435HPL's, there are no other diaphragms available that I know of. Only JBL, Aluminum or Be, but the Be is not aquaplassed. I don't know any way to get the aquaplassed Be diaphragm of a 435Be - I don't think they serviced them, so the parts were never made available.
    I know at JBL 2450 and 2451 have 4" (100mm) diaphragm but 2450SL and 2451SL have same bolt circle 82,5 for horn mounting like 2435hpl.

Regards
    Ari

Sorry, misunderstood your question. The drivers that will fit your horn are:
    2450SL (NOT 2450H/J).
    2451H,J (don't know if there is a 2451H-SL)
    2452H,J, H-SL
    435Al
    435Be
    476Be

Let me know if I missed any. I think you already know this, and also that the only way up from your 2435's is to aquaplas them (435Be) or get 476Be's. Put a wtb in the Lansing Marketplace for 476Be's and see if you get any bites (probably not). If not, learn to read japanese and go looking in the collector's marketplace...

Good luck!

Sorry, misunderstood your question. The drivers that will fit your horn are:
    2450SL (NOT 2450H/J).
    2451H,J (don't know if there is a 2451H-SL)
    2452H,J, H-SL
    435Al
    435Be
    476Be

Let me know if I missed any. I think you already know this, and also that the only way up from your 2435's is to aquaplas them (435Be) or get 476Be's. Put a wtb in the Lansing Marketplace for 476Be's and see if you get any bites (probably not). If not, learn to read japanese and go looking in the collector's marketplace...

Good luck!
    I can not use JBL 2451H/J driver because of different bolt diameter 114,7mm not 82,5mm. But I dont know about JBL 2432H driver?

diameters. yet again for 1.5" drivers

The magnet structure of the 2450Sl and 2451 are the SAME but the mounting hole diameter is different. Some of the pro horns are drilled for both - and most have a large enough flange for one to drill if needed. I have done this many times.

Some of the newer, small plastic PT horns have too small of a flange to allow the larger dia mounting but I know of no complied list to which is which and JBL has been revising them so fast that one probably never will outside of the factory.

The 2430, 2431, 2432, 2435 models all have the same mechanical frame and bolt pattern that WILL interchange with the AQUAPLASSED first gen 4" coil drivers ( 2450SL, 2450SL-a ) but not with the 2451.

WHy JBL dances around with these different dia's I'll never know.

You're right, subwoof - 2451 is 4 1/2" (114mm) on center. I'll file that away for future use.

It's odd that they went from 82.5mm on the 2450-SL up to 114mm on the 2451, then back to 82.5mm for the 2452...

Thread Information