Thread: 9844a's....compaired to flemenco's

9844a's....compaired to flemenco's

i have a pair of flemenco's (valencia's) in my workshop (1200 sq.ft. open ceiling).......i love em and would like to add another pair of speakers to the system.....................i just came across a pair of nice 9844a's for sale localy...................anyone here have 9844a's or have heard them ?how do these rate compared to the flemenco's ?.............they are asking $800.00 ..,is that a fair price ?............any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by kelly0995 View Post
    i have a pair of flemenco's (valencia's) in my workshop (1200 sq.ft. open ceiling).......i love em and would like to add another pair of speakers to the system.....................i just came across a pair of nice 9844a's for sale localy...................anyone here have 9844a's or have heard them ?how do these rate compared to the flemenco's ?.............they are asking $800.00 ..,is that a fair price ?............any thoughts ?
    is there a fourm or thread here that's devoted to vintage altec's , or , am i in the wrong forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by kelly0995 View Post
    You probably want 2 front and 2 rear which makes quite an impression in a room. The 9844 as oppose to
    Flamenco's which are Valencia's in a similar cabinet with 15" 416 like the VOTT components has 2 12" 414
    speakers . The 9844 are wall mounted or flown from ceiling. You have quite a big room so my advise is go for it.

Enjoy

Thread Information