I do home HiFi, but have a friend picking my brain for subs to use in his new club's dance floor. Whatever cheapo 18 inch subs were purchased just dont get it bass wise, and they are disappointed. I told him that JBL was the likely way to go and they are all ears. I see Parts Express and others carry the 2245H, I can remember reading posts here that seem to prefer the 2242H to it, but I never dug into it.

My guess is that these will see some abuse, so any suggestions as to these drivers, or other available drivers from JBL that are similarly priced, box size and tuning would be greatly appreciated, with an eye towards dependability. I dont think he needs anything tricky, just hard slammin bass. I recall an article that had the JBL 380 info as well as an 18 inch version, but havent located that yet. plus, I think they want two dual 18 inch boxes, unless someone feels that's over kill for a dance floor and two boxes with single 18 inches would do?

I am not familiar with JBL's newer drivers, so I am all ears here, thank you for any advice I could use in constructing him a pair of subs. Thanks!

Russellc