Hello!

I'm new to the forum and recently was given several JBL drivers that my father and I enjoyed while I was growing up and would like to complete an unfinished project.

What I have are a pair of early 60's D131 frames that were reconed with 2202H components in 1988. In addition, I have a pair of 2404H bi-radial horns purchased new in the early 90's. Each pair of drivers are mounted in custom made 1.7 cubic foot enclosures with 4" diameter x 1" long ports.

I'm looking for a crossover recommendation for this somewhat unique configuration. Is there a specific JBL made crossover that would best complement this combination? I'm not opposed to a building custom crossover but would appreciate design recommendations.

Any guidelines for maximum clean power I should expect these to handle and where I should crossover to the sub?

I'm also in the planning stage to build a pair of 18" subs. Any design recommendations for maximum bass extention and output as well as leads on great deals on used drivers would be appreciated.

These speakers will eventually find there way into a system I have installed in an open 2500 sq ft building with 25ft high ceilings (at the peak) we use for entertaining and large parties.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike