Thread: Ti250 network modification

bjarne rud

Ti250 network modification

I have replaced all caps in my Ti250s (In walnut and with bypass caps) with Mundorf supreme, silver in oil (for high frequency and 0.01 bypass caps) and audio note copper foil for the 0.005 values. For the lowest end I used Sonicap and solen as main caps, but Mundorf as bypass). Resistors were replaced with Mundorf non-inductive resistors as the final modification. I started with the small caps, and progressed from high frequencies to the lower end. The voicing of the system was not changed as some has warned about before. The gain was a DRAMATIC increase in dynamics, 3-D, air, details and sound colour reproduction. All edgy s-sounds are also blown away. The system continue to improve still 3 months after the last modification (been used about 5 hours a day). This is an expensive upgrade (total about 1200u.s.d), but I don’t think it would be any better investment using the same amount of money other place in my system. For me the most shocking improvement was the increase in dynamics, it’s like my amps got enormous improvements in speed and power. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by bjarne rud View Post
    I have replaced all caps in my Ti250s (In walnut and with bypass caps) with Mundorf supreme, silver in oil (for high frequency and 0.01 bypass caps) and audio note copper foil for the 0.005 values. For the lowest end I used Sonicap and solen as main caps, but Mundorf as bypass). Resistors were replaced with Mundorf non-inductive resistors as the final modification. I started with the small caps, and progressed from high frequencies to the lower end. The voicing of the system was not changed as some has warned about before. The gain was a DRAMATIC increase in dynamics, 3-D, air, details and sound colour reproduction. All edgy s-sounds are also blown away. The system continue to improve still 3 months after the last modification (been used about 5 hours a day). This is an expensive upgrade (total about 1200u.s.d), but I don’t think it would be any better investment using the same amount of money other place in my system. For me the most shocking improvement was the increase in dynamics, it’s like my amps got enormous improvements in speed and power. Highly recommended!
    So let me clarify a few things.. (I recently purchased 250Ti Limited Editions)

You replaced all caps starting in the high frequencies.. Did you replace the caps in stages, stopping to listen to the speakers between steps as you did this? If so, at what stage did you see the biggest improvement?

Did you make the change to charge coupled as well?

bjarne rud

Ti250 network modification

Sorry for this delayed answer. Yes, I did the modifications in steps, starting with the highs. Therefore I got the opportunity to evaluate the changes. However, I cannot be sure the caps were completely burned in before the next step, the mundorfs improves after hundreds of hours in my experience. I will recommend a completely upgrade bacause of the big improvement in speed and dynamics - I think this will prevent an eventually unbalance in the system. Today, three years after the last mod I still get impressed by my 250s. Recently I reconed the Le 14-H which hopefully will prolong the life of this genius speaker.

Thread Information