Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please pray for my son

Hey, Charley...

We haven't heard anything for a while, and hope recovery is progressing. Any news?
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Ditto!

How is everybody? Doing well i hope, please tell us, we care!

scottyj

Charley Rummel

The latest from the Rummel family

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for asking about us. My son's burns are healing nicely, and we are working him back into sports at school on a limited basis; he's just as wild as any onther 7-year old boy, and he loves to rough-house with his 15 year old brother. He still has to be careful, however, since some of the burn areas can still injure easily. Even though he still has a way to go, the prognosis is excellent.

As for the psychological side of things, he is very much afraid of fire; he won't go near flames (not even the range in the kitchen). They were celebrating a fellow student's birthday in his school recently (seated next to him), and they had a birthday cake with candles on it. This completely freaked him out. Also, he sometimes may smell something which reminds him of the accident, or see something on TV involving a scene with an out of control fire, and will be upset by it. Our councelor said he may experience post traumatic stress disorder, and she was right. (We're all in counceling).

As for the rest of us, my wife's hand is completely healed; she was able to take care of my son and I with the bandage changes while we were first recovering, God bless her. The burns on my left arm are healed to the point where I have several dark patches with a couple of sensitive areas, and my right elbow still has a way to go, but I'm fine, otherwise. I'm able to do handy work projects again; for several weeks I couldn't do anything involving hands-on work (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.). Also, I've been bar-b-queing again (a fond hobby of mine since my early teens) at the encouragement of my family and friends.

Again, thank you all so very much for your concern and support. It really means a lot to us.

Very kind regards,
    Charley Rummel and Family

Glad things are working out

Rob

Steve Gonzales

We Will

We most certainly will.

sa660

Charley

Charley,
    I have been busy and notice your message only today. I hope that you will all recover physicaly and mentaly. This horrible accident should be a big warning for all of us with kids. All the best wishes from my Wife, my 2 boys and myself.

Regards,

paragon

Glad

Glad to hear this, Charly.

Best Regards to you all from germany, Eckhard

gassy
    I just read the thread from the beginning, Charley, and I'm glad things are going well for you and your family. Things can happen rather quickly, and I know since my oldest is 18(almost) and my youngest is 15(almost!). These boys were born a day apart in December(12/10/86 & 12/11/89), and seems it's always something since both play sports - broken bones are almost commonplace, if that's possible. But kids heal(physically) faster than we do, but sometimes the mental part takes longer!

Good luck & hope recuperation continues smoothly!

Alex Lancaster
    Charley:

You remind me, I hope our prayers are good, the rest is up to You.

Charley Rummel
    Thank you everyone for you continued prayer and moral support.

Special Kind Regards
    Charley Rumnmel and Family

PS: Happy Holidays to All!

Thread Information