Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What best amp to drive Everest DD55000

Um... so far so good...
    Either there is a typo above, you are a masochist, or I just plain don't understand.

I'm guessing you are not pleased with the result of the ARC D200 + Everest DD55000
    pairing... but

no no... it is good enough

Well I expect a little bit more with this pair. I expect the result will be better with QUAD II. I will post the result accordingly.

quad II

I just audited the speaker with open the upper grill, and drive by QUAD II. The sound is good indeed.

Aleph 0 is coming

I will have Aleph 0 to try this week. For the time being, I am driving this speaker with KT 88 push - pull with very good result.

FYI, I tested with push pull 211 tube. But i was disappoint with the result.

Good result

Aleph 0 is working very good with my DD 55000. Thanks for some previous comments recommending this PASS LABS. I think I will stick to this set up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by keeratikul View Post
    Aleph 0 is working very good with my DD 55000. Thanks for some previous comments recommending this PASS LABS. I think I will stick to this set up for a while.
    I'm happy your happy ..... Nelson Pass has designed some very fine Class A amps . I guess one could spend a life time exploring his work and ideas.

I have found a Pass pre-amp really pulls it altogether for me .

Rich

um... interesting...

I have found a Pass pre-amp really pulls it altogether for me .
    Um.. Interesting. Now I am using convergent CAT SL 1 as the preamp. It works ok too. Let's see if I am able to find someone who can lend me this preamp.

everest dd55000 amps

Hi I drive my everest usually with Carver kt88 monoblocks but I had use them with
    Akai single ended monoblocks and with 6c33 amp in triode mode
    In the ss department I have Yamaha MX 10000 and Technics SE-A 7000 (balanced)
    I like the fact that you can drive them with almost anything due the high eficency 100Db
    they are as sensitive as my Lowthers.. god for flea powered amps AND powerfull ones
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jfrou View Post
    I'm a french owner of a pair of JBL EVEREST DD55000.
    I'm driving my DD5000 since 3 years now with a tube amp, Mcintosh MC225 with good pleasure until now. Nevertheless, some JBL french addicts are claiming that I could achieve better results with solid state amps (good quality ones!). I made several tries in the past with Mc (such as MC2255, 7270) but also Onkyo M577 or Parasound 2200 mkII but I always came back to the MC225 as for the great mid and highs, the breathability and the scene.
    I need to admit that I would sometimes appreciate to get stronger and better filled bass/medium but don"t want to loose the quality of the highs coming from the 225.
    Some suggested Krell KSA... but prices and warmth are making me relunctant.
    My room is a dedicated one with only 16 sq/m.
    Any ideas, suggestions and experiences would help me a lot.
    I would trie a Crown Macro Reference amp. It has a 20.000 dampining factor for unreal speaker control. I pick one up from a dealer on the East coast for $2800 and sold it years later for $2400 retail was $4200 at the time. Sorry I sold it now with money tight I cant afford. Never heard the highs sound so well and bass is extremely tight. Hope this helps.

Thread Information