Hi all

Current system is -

1) jbl 2405 tweet
2) Tad 4002 on a 2397 smith horn
3) Tad 1601b in a ported bass cab.

x-over - at 800hz and 8khz.
using an ashley 3 way crossover, just trying a passive right now, seems to be quieter with the single ended valve amps I like to listen to so much. Not really a suprise given I'm mixing pro x-over with valve amps, but anyway back to topic...

Bass cabs..

My favourite bass 'sound' for domestic purposes is not a ported bass cab. I enjoyed listening to Karlson cabs, front loaded horn cab, vitavox oracle http://website.lineone.net/~empson/Oracle.html

...all of which are 'horn loaded' bass cabs of one description or another.

I am entreagued by the VOTT style of bass horn, and the Altec816a design.

I am not certain in short, which of this type of bass horn would mate well with the 4002, and furthermore if the 1601b is compatible with such an enclosure - or whether I'd be better off selling the bass drivers for (probably cheaper) drive units.

Incidentally, I'd like to put (eventually when I move home) ''snail shell'' folded type bass subs underneath this (sonically underneath)...

So I have rambled somewhat, let me sum up the questions for you guys

1) Has anyone heard the 1601 TAD driver in a horn loaded cab? If so which one, what were your impressions?

2) What are peoples impressions on the variety of horn-loaded bass cabs out there?

Eventually I am going to have to suck one type and see, I am just getting experiences for now..

Thanks