Thread: Monkey attempting to upgrade 60s JBL C50 Olympus to S8R components

Monkey attempting to upgrade 60s JBL C50 Olympus to S8R components

Yes, it's true. I have the intelligence quotient of a monkey. Today I installed 375 drivers, 075 ring radiators, and the N7000 crossover for the 075. That was the easy part. Now I am baffled at how this is to be wired. I would be most grateful if someone could treat me like a 3rd grader, and map out how I am too wire these components to the crossovers. Good thing Jeff Foxworthy is not reading this because he's surely say I am not smarter than a 5th grader. If someone cares to send me a neat little schematic, or just email me, in simple terms. I'd be as happy as a pig in a poke, whatever the heck that means! Timothy. [email protected]

Sorry I can't help you out, but I noticed that you are in Indiana. I am in Indianapolis and would really like to listen to your speakers, once they are finished. That is, of course, if you want to show them off.
    I have fond memories of going to the old "Graham Electronics" store in downtown Indy back in the 60's and listening to the Olympus speakers on several occasions. Wonderful sounding gear, in my estimation. Being in school at the time, all I could do was dream about someday owning a pair.
    Jerry

Hi Timothy,

You didn't mention which network you own to insert between the le15 and the 375 driver .

I'll assume it's a 3115 / lx-5 / N500 ( which are functionally the same, for this exercise in cabling ) .

Try " This Thread ! " for some good wiring info .

Around post 17 or 18, the wiring diagrams for various driver/network combos begins to get laid out .

You can also follow the wiring layout, as laid out in the Paragons Schematic , since the driver set is about the same .

<> cheers

Print out the Paragon schemtic!

Once you have done that, terminals 3 & 4 of the LX5 are connected to the black & red terminals of the N7000 in that order.

Let's Jam

Quote Originally Posted by audiogoose View Post
    Sorry I can't help you out, but I noticed that you are in Indiana. I am in Indianapolis and would really like to listen to your speakers, once they are finished. That is, of course, if you want to show them off.
    I have fond memories of going to the old "Graham Electronics" store in downtown Indy back in the 60's and listening to the Olympus speakers on several occasions. Wonderful sounding gear, in my estimation. Being in school at the time, all I could do was dream about someday owning a pair.
    Jerry
    Hey Jerry, sure. Would love to have you take a listen to see what you think. Once I get the wiring straightened out, and cable them to my McIntosh MC275, C22 and MR71, I should be good to do. I'll turn them up loud enough for you to hear them in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Hi Timothy,

You didn't mention which network you own to insert between the le15 and the 375 driver .

I'll assume it's a 3115 / lx-5 / N500 ( which are functionally the same, for this exercise in cabling ) .

Try " This Thread ! " for some good wiring info .

Around post 17 or 18, the wiring diagrams for various driver/network combos begins to get laid out .

You can also follow the wiring layout, as laid out in the Paragons Schematic , since the driver set is about the same .

<> cheers
    Hey Early. Thanks a ton. This is just what I needed. Hope to get them up and running soon!

PS Dividing Networks are LX5 and N7000

Good luck. I'm sure they will sound great once you get everything hooked up properly.

Hans

No ideea!

Well, I see that you never gonna make it. So, I can be a very good friend and let you have my JVC (exactly the same) speakers and I'll take yours..... Take it easy, it was a joke, Congratulations to your great speakers! Maybe I can be to some help so feel free to contact me :-)

A big thank you to all who were gracious enough to guide me!!!!

I want to thank all who were so kind to guide me in getting these Olympus C50s on the right track. Thanks for the links and responses, and thanks to Hans who was so gracious to offer me a trade. Fly on over Hans and we'll work that out. Bring buckets of cash, because that is what it will take to ship these behemoths to your home You guys have been great!! Timothy signing off to listen to his MC275, C22, MX110, MCD7007 and Olympus C50s.

Congrats on completing your project!!

Quote Originally Posted by dowj15k View Post
    I want to thank all who were so kind to guide me in getting these Olympus C50s on the right track. Thanks for the links and responses, and thanks to Hans who was so gracious to offer me a trade. Fly on over Hans and we'll work that out. Bring buckets of cash, because that is what it will take to ship these behemoths to your home You guys have been great!! Timothy signing off to listen to his MC275, C22, MX110, MCD7007 and Olympus C50s.
    Welcome and congratulations! Now how about some pics!
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Thread Information