Hi all I have 2 of the 4583A's I found the specs .pdf for them which helped me get the proper X-over and Sine Wave frequencys to test them. I found they don't really do much under 40HZ. I am looking for more technical/Repair/disassembly info if available.
I am looking at replacing the Surrounds with foam rather then the stiff tar paper stuff it has.
I also have been missing the dust caps for a few years though they were not in use I need to know if there is a way to remove the motor (magnet) and clean out all the goo that is probably collected in the space between teh Voice coil and the center thingy with the 5/8's looking bolt in it. Is that what holds the 100 pound magnet on?
I have seen a boat load of 15" drivers with 80 oz or 200 oz magnets an dthey act like those are huge.
so what is the magnet on these 480 oz, 720 oz? I can weigh it if I can figure out how to diss assemble and clean without ruining it. I do plan to replace the dust caps and surrounds like mentioned so I am not worried about ruining the surrounds. I do want it spotlessly clean inside before I install a new dust cap though.
I have read that the screen type dust caps are better for these due to a cooling issue??
does that allow air to cool the coil if it can get in from the front through the cap??