Quote Originally Posted by Stevieb View Post
Great to find this forum, as I recently acquired several folded horns: two Earthquakes, with CV-188EB's in them, two Peavey CH-4C high-freq. horns with Peavey 22A drivers, one folded horn with a Gauss 4583A 15" in it, and 5 folded horn cabs, unloaded. All the drivers are working, and although they seem to be rather inefficient (tested them with a QSC USA 1310, 650 watts @ 4 ohms, power amp-) they all play well.

I don't doubt you folks know much more about these speakers (and speakers in general) than I.

I have no desire to re-cone them, but it's good to know re-cone kits are available. If you could answer some questions, I would be grateful:

Where can I find a speaker to match the Gauss? Are there other brands that are "close enough?" I will be using them for live sound.

What's with the apparent in-efficiency? What can I do about that? From what I read here and elsewhere, I am already pushing all the drivers harder than I should be (I was brief) so more power wouldn't do, would it?

I am told in another forum that the more folded horns, the better. Really? Should I put drivers in the rest of 'em, or should I sell the lot and get fewer, more modern cabs/drivers?

If the answer is to sell 'em- anybody want some?

Well not exactly but pictures are always welcome